Notifications
Clear all

Unsure of acne cause

MemberMember
(@piper628)

Posted : 07/15/2017 12:23 pm

Hi,
I am trying to determine the root cause of my acne. I've had acne most of my teen and adult life, starting at around 13 years old to now (29). I have attempted to use BCP to adjust my hormones levels. Never worked. I am on the Skyla IUD now (over 2 years). I will be taking it out in about 6 months. I haven't noticed a difference either way though.

However, I have noticed my acne become worse over the last year or so. Mild with lots of scarring, and insanely embarrassing. I was with mild Dermalogica soap and exfoliant. I began using tea tree oil and probiotics about 2 weeks ago.

I am trying to determine the root cause of my acne and not just put creams on it. There has to be something going on.

Also, I had full blood work and hormone levels checked a few months ago. Nothing abnormal.

Has anyone as a similar experience know of a good next step?Any thoughts are welcome.

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 07/15/2017 3:06 pm

If it's not hormones then I would look at food, some people's acne is caused or made worse by the food they eat. You could try getting an allergy panel done at the doctor to see if you are allergic to anything. I'm not sure if you have tried cutting out dairy but some people say it helps them. Hope you find something that works :D