Notifications
Clear all

I feel so ugly bc of my red marks 🙁

MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 07/14/2017 3:00 pm

I'm on day 3 of wearing no makeup all day, even going to Costco.. and the doctors office. It's a panic attack and a half for me to even think that I'll see someone who didn't know I had such bad red marks under all the makeup I used I put on them. IT always looks cakey  and the benzo peroxide always made my face so dry that my make up would be crusting off anyway....... 

but i feel SO ugly:( 
i love how clear my skin is (no active acne)  so the bright news is no new spots since I started letting my skin breathe by wearing no makeup. I think it takes time to let my skin go back to its natural state,  hopefully my scars will start  to fade soon but even thinking seeing some of my friends right now with this kind of face really just makes me nervous.  Some encouragement please? :/ I feel awful. image.jpg

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/15/2017 5:38 pm

I dont see anything on your face to be incredibly concerned about. Sure, its not perfect, flawless skin, but overall your skin looks fine. Good thing you arnt breaking out anymore, that must make you happy. I know how you feel when you talk about the insecurity that comes along with having skin troubles, it can take over your life and hurt you really bad. I wish I could quit being obsessive about my skin.

My first semester of college i broke out terribly and it left me with red marks EVERYWHERE. It was so bad and alarming that I started to wear make up(only foundation) and did so for like 6 months till the red marks faded. Then I was left with indentations to constantly be worried/preoccupied with. The scars just give me major anxiety and pulverize my self worth.

I recommend seeing a dermatologist and getting some tretinoin cream to just improve the overall quality of your skin.
The redness you speak of will fade in the coming months, so that is pretty temporary, but I know how difficult it can be to wait for it to go away.

Nik4200 liked
MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 07/18/2017 2:49 pm

I have them on my back

Use cysteamine cream, it fades dark marks like hydroquinone without having any side effects but you can't use it if you go to the beach so maybe wait until october

Nik4200 liked
MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 07/18/2017 5:22 pm

2 hours ago, SimpleMutton said:

I have them on my back

Use cysteamine cream, it fades dark marks like hydroquinone without having any side effects but you can't use it if you go to the beach so maybe wait until october

It says on this site here that you can use it at any time of the year
https://www.prime-journal.com/cysteamine-cream-set-to-clear-skin-pigmentation-disorders/

MemberMember
(@alliloz)

Posted : 07/18/2017 5:32 pm

I feel for you, its tough not wearing makeup when your used to having it on every day! Your skin doesn't look too red in the picture so hopefully its already improving.  Hang in there :)

I would also recommend looking at the makeup your using when you go back to wearing it. I found some stuff worked much better for my skin without causing irritation.

Nik4200 liked
MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 07/19/2017 7:42 pm

On 7/18/2017 at 3:32 PM, Alliloz said:

I feel for you, its tough not wearing makeup when your used to having it on every day! Your skin doesn't look too red in the picture so hopefully its already improving.  Hang in there :)

I would also recommend looking at the makeup your using when you go back to wearing it. I found some stuff worked much better for my skin without causing irritation.

Thank you love, i think itlooks worse in  person when I  look in  life in certain lightings :/ currently in my bathroom pantry I have the DermaBlend brand, there's a mouse foundation and setting powder.  They swear  that the products are non-comedogenic and it doesn't really seem to break me out but I noticed that it's really cakey  and dry by the end of the day .  I  just started using the glycolic acid from Dan that came in the mail and I'm really excited to start seeing some results.  Maybe I'll be able to wear make up again if I keep using the glycolic acid  

MemberMember
(@jenn110)

Posted : 08/06/2017 7:35 am

Have you looked into getting a silk peel or a laser treatment? I feel these treatments fade post marks very well.
Also I use laura Mercier oil free tinted moisture during the day, it does not cover everything but does make marks less noticeable.

MemberMember
(@nik4200)

Posted : 08/06/2017 3:10 pm

7 hours ago, jenn110 said:

Have you looked into getting a silk peel or a laser treatment?  I feel these treatments fade post marks very well.  
Also I use laura Mercier oil free tinted moisture during the day, it does not cover everything but does make marks less noticeable. 

I definitely have looked into getting some sort of laser treatment, it's just pricey. And I'm waiting a few months to Allow the skin and red marks to heal some on its own. I'm using Argan oil and aloe Vera gel every day. I cleanse with a 15% vitamin c Cleanser from puruskin. And at night I apply the BP from Dan. The past couple weeks I've noticed a huge difference with the marks. I can see the little indents in  my skin though:/ I'm thinking of putting some Aha on my skin and then dermarolling the next day, now that I'm completely clear from active breakouts. 
Soon hopefully I can afford a laser treatment, I'm still working on paying off my Invisalign braces

image.jpg