Notifications
Clear all

What kind of scars are these?

MemberMember
(@io2099)

Posted : 07/13/2017 5:45 pm

Been dealing with forehead acne for two years, on and off. What kind of scars are these? Any treatments?

IMG_0186.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/14/2017 4:41 am

Your skin has very minor imperfection on the forhead. I think it looks like textural box cars. Can't quite tell from the photo. Because it's so light I would get a 2 peels done. TCA peels can be done on the forehead at a doctor or med spa.You can dermastamp as well if you wish on individual spots.

MemberMember
(@io2099)

Posted : 07/14/2017 10:36 am

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Your skin has very minor imperfection on the forhead. I think it looks like textural box cars. Can't quite tell from the photo. Because it's so light I would get a 2 peels done. TCA peels can be done on the forehead at a doctor or med spa.You can dermastamp as well if you wish on individual spots.

Thanks for replying. Three of the marks are from previous chickenpox and some from from childhood. The overall texture seems rough in the middle section. I am currently four months into isotret, 20mg six months in total. I don't know if I should expect any further "natural" improvement. The redness in the scars/marks have been present for a long time, indicating deep inflam. The texture change happened while using epiduo before iso, and has not reversed. Last time a used epiduo, the skin got that same scarry texture, but returned to a thicker more eaven/matte texture after ending the cure. Not sure if that will be the case this time. I will be studying in Sydney this sem, and I plan to visit MD Davin Lim.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/15/2017 6:28 am

If you are on Accutane, your skin is in bad shape and ot's normal to have bad skin. It must heal 6 months after you stop before treatment.

IF they are from chickenpox and pits (I don't see them in pic) you need subcision. Otherwise they can do TCA cross on them.

Texture can be worked on with peels like TCA or Glycolic.

Reds are treated with V-beam, IPL, 1064nm, etc...

Sure go see Dr. Davin Lim 😉

For texture Dr. Lim will most likely do laser resurfacing, ... that's his thing ;-).

Let us know what he does.

MemberMember
(@io2099)

Posted : 11/29/2017 2:47 am

On 15 July 2017 at 9:28 PM, beautifulambition said:

If you are on Accutane, your skin is in bad shape and ot's normal to have bad skin. It must heal 6 months after you stop before treatment.

IF they are from chickenpox and pits (I don't see them in pic) you need subcision. Otherwise they can do TCA cross on them.

Texture can be worked on with peels like TCA or Glycolic.

Reds are treated with V-beam, IPL, 1064nm, etc...

Sure go see Dr. Davin Lim 😉

For texture Dr. Lim will most likely do laser resurfacing, ... that's his thing ;-).

Let us know what he does.

I recently had an appointment with Dr. Davin Lim. He assessed the scars to be very shallow (extreme minor imperfections). An invasive procedure would potential only introduce additional scarring, and not benefit the imperfection. Inducing botox with vertical 'subcision' was addressed as a potential treatment option with an estimated 20-25% improvement.The latter treatment was not carried out as per my wish. On a final note: he stressed that acne scar revision is mainly for moderate to severe scarring. I appreciate his honesty.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/29/2017 10:01 am

If Dr. Lim thinks it's minor, it must be very minor indeed. Just get a few peels seriously from a med spa or I think his assistants even do them.

Yes it would be a huge waist of time and money to do major things, if it's not broken don't fix it right, people here have major scarring. Peels is what most of the Hollywoodtypes do for upkeep. I think they even sell some of the peels in his pharmacy down stairs to the clinic and tell you how to use them, or watch his videos on Youtube.