Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I've noticed that when I sleep on a clean pillowcase my breakouts are less severe. Have you tested this too? I'm considering buying a bunch of pillowcases to change nightly to help with my acne. 

Hey :)

Yes, I tested this with the towel method, and had a pretty dramatic change. Weird that I didn't think of it earlier! Now I use a deja pillowcase— makes it a lot easier to remember and also makes for less laundry. 

I also found it helps to tuck the sheets under my arms, rather than up to my chin— these were causing some breakouts on my chin as well.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:56 AM, Silavana said:

Bamboo is antimicrobial, maybe pillowcases made of bamboo viscose would help.

So far no one has been able to successfully blend Bamboo with Cotton or synthetic fabrics where it does not bleed out over washes.  The issue has been the lack of softness and or washing out of bamboo with every wash.  Wool thus far has been the only source of antimicrobial fabric and a company named; Softwool has been playing around with apparel but not soft enough for pillowcases, yet

Yes, I've found changing my pillow case every 2 days (I flip it over every other night) has definitely helped my skin :)