Notifications
Clear all

For those of you with comedonal acne (mini bumps).. I think I might be on to something

MemberMember
(@tgan15)

Posted : 07/08/2017 7:59 pm

Hey guys,
I've had these little white bumps on my chin and corners of my mouth for about 4 years now. I've treated it as acne the whole time, and even tried 6 months of accutane without seeing any results. The accutane did clear up the ACTUAL ACNE in between my eyebrows, but it never did anything for the tiny white bumps. After years of frantically researching, I think I might have found the culprit. I think the tiny white bumps are caused by an overgrowth of yeast in the body. The term of the yeast infection is called Candida. I came upon this when I was googling why my nose was constantly runny and always had mucus in my throat (gross, sorry lol) even though I don't have a cold or feel sick. I found that some of the treatments for candida are Nizoral and Nystatin, which are the same treatments I've read on some of the posts on here on how people got rid of there comedonal acne. I asked my dermatologist for Nystatin and she denied my bumps were a fungal infection. I have Nizoral coming in the mail on Monday, so we'll see how that goes. And I'm also going to try to see a doctor here on campus to get presrcibed Nystatin. Crossing my fingers. Hope you all find something that works

MemberMember
(@bridget_ann)

Posted : 07/09/2017 2:35 am

I think I have the same sort of bumps? and its weird because I always feel like I have to clear my throat all the time even though I'm not sick. Do you have any other details on Candida symptoms

MemberMember
(@tgan15)

Posted : 07/09/2017 11:13 am

8 hours ago, bridget_ann said:

I think I have the same sort of bumps? and its weird because I always feel like I have to clear my throat all the time even though I'm not sick. Do you have any other details on Candida symptoms

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/about-candida/

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/14/2017 1:33 am

listen... i have struggled with comedonal acne very very badly. Comedonal acne is very common and is related to hormones. Check my post i did a little back on how i got rid of it. My acne was VERY comedonal.