Notifications
Clear all

DKR for Mild Acne?

MemberMember
(@hotglue01)

Posted : 07/08/2017 2:24 pm

Hello,

Long time DKR user, and one time veteran of acne.org. It's... good to be back? Meaning: I have acne problems again, lol, but I'm grateful for acne.org.

Anyway, I once had moderate/severe acne that I cleared up with diligent use of DKR back in 2010 (I kept a blog cataloguing the experiences, for anyone interested in reading). It took about 4-5 months to get consistently clear, beautiful skin. And it was airbrush, beautiful, totally clear, glowing, soft... amazing.

It stayed pretty clear over the years, but 7 years later I've found that I broke out again, and reached a tipping point. I hadalways used BP, but became frustrated with various aspects of the Regimen with time and tried to find something else that worked. After returning to Differin to see if it would clear amild breakout of clogged pores and general dinginessdue to afailed experimentation with an oil cleanser, things looked worse after a month and I decided to start fresh with the Regimen, doing the steps properly and keeping a newblog (again, feel free to take a look!)/taking pictures of my progress.

My acne is by no means where it was when I first started DKR, and is indeed quite mild. It's mainly blackheads/clogged pores on my forehead that sometimes turn into tiny pimples, but they are lasting FOREVER. Some of these lesions dry up and fall out without turning into anything inflamed (which I appreciate :)), but for the most part they're still there. My chin is also broken out, although not in cysts... blackheads and pimples that are clearing them thanks to two full weeks of pretty precise DKR treatment. Although the dryness sucks, I'm confident that this area of my face will respond well to the BP.

Although I'm trying not to compare experiences, and to remember that it's only been two full weeks, I'm wondering if there is a different trajectory for DKR's magic to work on mild acne of the clogged pore variety. My skin is also very sensitive -- now, it seems like if I touch it at ALL that I'll break out in that exact area -- and I'm feeling a little frustrated.

Any advice? Does the featherlight touch really make this much of a difference (I suspect yes)? How much BP should I be using for this kind of acne? Thanks for feedback!

MemberMember
(@coruscantdust)

Posted : 07/09/2017 12:01 pm

when in doubt

Capture1133.PNG