Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide gave me large dark red/brown spots overnight

MemberMember
(@jlwh236)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:19 pm

I have been using a 10% benzoyl peroxide gel for 2 days. I put it over some of my acne spots and left it overnight. This morning I woke up with huge red/brown angry marks over where I put the gel. They aren't raised or painful, just ugly and dark. What are they, are they permanent, and how can I make them go away?? Please help!

IMG_2120.JPG

MemberMember
(@adonas)

Posted : 07/09/2017 2:10 pm

Highly doubt they're permanent and will probably fade eventually. I recommend something more gentle to apply to them to help reduce the redness, as 10% is pretty harsh on your skin.

Just wanted to say also be careful with BP 10%. I gave myself some pretty bad chemical burns all over my face when i first used it because I used way too much everywhere. It gets the job done so It's by no means a bad product, just be sure to use it in moderation and you'll be fine.

Best of luck with your acne.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/09/2017 2:54 pm

They look like they could be chemical burns. You might want to apply something like Neosporin and moisturize the areas regularly if you don't already.

MemberMember
(@user555318)

Posted : 07/11/2017 5:39 pm

On 7/9/2017 at 3:10 PM, Adonas said:

Highly doubt they're permanent and will probably fade eventually. I recommend something more gentle to apply to them to help reduce the redness, as 10% is pretty harsh on your skin.

Just wanted to say also be careful with BP 10%. I gave myself some pretty bad chemical burns all over my face when i first used it because I used way too much everywhere. It gets the job done so It's by no means a bad product, just be sure to use it in moderation and you'll be fine.

Best of luck with your acne.

I also gave myself chem burns from 10% BP, on each side of my face, last August. They appear as darker stripes of skin. I ended up getting severe acne in the areas and took accutane, which made it go away and also lightened the discolored stripes. i am now almost done with my course. did your chem burns ever go away? Mine are definitely fading but I can't tell if the brownish marks will ever completely fade.

MemberMember
(@ashmakhan717gmail-com)

Posted : 11/13/2022 3:45 am

Did your problem solved?? I'm facing the same problem recently