Notifications
Clear all

Help!! Small pimples and Occasional Cysts

MemberMember
(@bellapup36778)

Posted : 07/08/2017 12:48 pm

I have small pimples almost all over my face, some are red, others are colorless. My main concern is my forehead. I also get occasional cysts mostly by my nose. Currently I wash my face with African black soap and jojoba oil. My acne keeps getting worse and worse everyday! There is almost no smooth, clear spot on my face.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/16/2017 6:13 am

Hi, first of all I would definitely change your washing routine and check your make-up. Small bumps can often be a sign of irritation, rather than hormonal acne, especially if colourless. Maybe try a gentle gel cleanser with gentle ingredients and nothing else. Switching will also give you a good indication as to whether you facial routine is the cause. Oil can be very pore-clogging for some people, even if others can tolerate it (it totally depends on your skin and some oils may be fine, whilst others not so much).

If you wear make-up, definitely look at trying some other products (then you can see if your skin changes on the switch) and wash make-up brushes in gentle cleanser every few days to avoid bacteria build-up.

MemberMember
(@bellapup36778)

Posted : 07/24/2017 4:50 pm

Do you think cetaphil and a tea tree oil toner could help?

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 07/24/2017 5:27 pm

I suffer from the same thing hun. Is so annoying even when I use bp and a salicylic acid face wash i still suffer...cnt off much advice but your not alone hun xxx

MemberMember
(@smiley36)

Posted : 07/26/2017 11:26 am

I would say try a different cleanser. My derm always says that being gentle on the skin is very important when you have acne. I use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer; I switched from Cetaphil because I didn't feel like it helped my skin. Tea tree oil may just dry out your skin and cause further redness, but you could try it if you wish. Are you on any medication or using any topicals?

MemberMember
(@bellapup36778)

Posted : 07/26/2017 5:16 pm

No, but I just switched to cetaphil and feel that it isn't helping and is only causing my skin to get worse

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/26/2017 5:30 pm

You could try incorporating a toner that contains AHA or BHA. These are exfoliating products and may help with the small bumps. I used the BHA toner from Paula's Choice and it completely cleared my forehead bumps. It broke me out first, but that was just those bumps surfacing. It didn't get rid of the acne on the rest of my face though unfortunately, but it definitely helped with skin tone.