Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Renee_2000

Acne or something else?

Recommended Posts

So for the past 4 and a half months I have been struggling with what I initially thought was acne when it first started it just looked like a blemish breakout but it just kept getting worse and worse I had very very clear skin before this I had the occasional monthly breakout but that was normal to me and it didn't bother me, I am 17 so maybe could be a hormonal thing? Anyways I went to a doctor and she told me I had perioral dermatitis which is initially after awhile of the "breakout" is what I thought I had, while I was there she said that it had spread to my forehead becuse I was getting bumps on my forehead to she prescribed me with a steroid and told me to use it until it all goes anyway I stupidly did what she told me to do even though I read all the bad things about steroids and blah blah but I mean doctors are here to help right? So I just did what she said. After a week of using it applying it just once a day I had a very bad feeling about it so I stopped when i stopped it immediately got so much worse! I was at an all time low with my skin and self esteem, anyway a month or so passes and I went back to the doctors and got a referral for a dermatoligest I made sure I saw a good one who had years of experience he has been a dermatoligest for 30 years I saw him and he used some kind of thing to examine my skin and told me that it's  all acne and that that what is on my chin is on my forehead and it's all the same, to me this was a relief a weight lifted off my shoulders. But the thing is I suffer bad stress and what my skin used to look like makes me think it is what the doctor told me I had because after looking at what perioral dermatitis looks like mine looked exactly like it. I will be uploading photos of what it looks like now and what it did look like,  my skin got a lot better I saw the dermatologist which is what also makes me stress because I feel like he didn't see it for what it really was and what it looked like before it got a lot better :// he prescribed me a retin a cream and minocycline I have noticed a small amount of results but idk part of me thinks it's still not acne but I mean I should listen to someone who's clearly more experienced about skin than I am but for some reason my stress gets the best of me :/ 
basically it's all in order from First to last the first photo is when It was at it's worst the second photo is when it got better before i saw a dermatologist the third photo is it now. 

All your feedback will be helpful to me thankyou!!




IMG_6007.JPGIMG_6008.PNGIMG_6009.PNG

Edited by Renee_2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine looks pretty similar to that. It looks like you have had some good results though. I've been on accutane for 6 months and my skin doesn't look any different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tgan15 said:

Mine looks pretty similar to that. It looks like you have had some good results though. I've been on accutane for 6 months and my skin doesn't look any different

The only thing that gave me very good results was aloe Vera, have you tried aloe Vera? If not I suggest you should the first and second photo apart was when I started using aloe Vera for around 2 months, the 2nd is when I just visited my dermatoligest and the 3rd photo is of me using minocycline and retin a cream, I hope you notice results soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be hormonal acne
drink herbal teas like
nettle, and red raspberry leaf
drink 30 min before every meal
eat organic only dairy and meat
eating raw fruits and veggies cures any  chronic skin issues 

Edited by AhaGuru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

It might be hormonal acne
drink herbal teas like
nettle, and red raspberry leaf
drink 30 min before every meal
eat organic only dairy and meat
eating raw fruits and veggies cures any  chronic skin issues 

I eat very healthy, I don't consume dairy and I drink probably 2L of water a day, it has helped a lot, but my skin is just really confusing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I would definitely say it's not perioral dermatitis, but the treatment for that is a topical antibiotic, not a steroid, so yikes. Steroids can provoke acne so it makes sense you broke out more. That's insane that they would even say you had perioral dermatitis that spread to your forehead. I was misdiagnosed for perioral dermatitis when I had a rash on my lips once by my primary care physician as well! But in my eyes that's definitely acne you have.

Edited by Feelishia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renee_2000 said:
11 hours ago, AhaGuru said:

It might be hormonal acne
drink herbal teas like
nettle, and red raspberry leaf
drink 30 min before every meal
eat organic only dairy and meat
eating raw fruits and veggies cures any  chronic skin issues 

I eat very healthy, I don't consume dairy and I drink probably 2L of water a day, it has helped a lot, but my skin is just really confusing 
Do detox cleanse for liver you might see a huge difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Feelishia said:

Yeah I would definitely say it's not perioral dermatitis, but the treatment for that is a topical antibiotic, not a steroid, so yikes. Steroids can provoke acne so it makes sense you broke out more. That's insane that they would even say you had perioral dermatitis that spread to your forehead. I was misdiagnosed for perioral dermatitis when I had a rash on my lips once by my primary care physician as well! But in my eyes that's definitely acne you have.

You'd think with years of training they'd atleast get the diagnosis right and give you the right treatment! I'm lucky i only used the steroid for a week and not a month or until it went away like she suggested! Thank you for your reply it has made me feel a whole lot better and relieved! :)))
3 hours ago, muscleshine said:

you should try manuka honey. Raw honey and have anti-bacterial properties

thank you I will try that! :))  
2 hours ago, AhaGuru said:
 
Do detox cleanse for liver you might see a huge difference 
thank you I will try that, thank you for your help and advice! :))  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×