Do NOT do Oil Clean...

Notifications
Clear all

Do NOT do Oil Cleansing Method if you have acne ! I learned the hard way

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 07/06/2017 8:33 pm

So I'm sure most of us have heard of the OCM where you cleanse your face with a mixture of different oils  and concentrations depending on your skin . Well do not do it if your skin is acne prone!!!! Please I learned the hard way and now i am paying for it big time.  I attempted the OCM method as a way to "cleanse" and moisturize as the same time . It's supposed to unclog pores gets rid of makeup etc more than what a regular cleanser could do . Well wrong . I was using the oil and mind you an oil that has a supposed rating of 0 on the non comodogenic scale that was hemp seed oil in he shower to remove my makeup , sweat etc . Little did I know it was just clogging my pores more and since it's heavy all my acne treatments such as topicals cousins penetrate into my pores bc of the layer of oil I had sitting on top. 

I am
now now suffering from this , she it took a couple of months to finally show . Before I only had breakouts along jawline assuming it was hormonal . Bc of the OCM I started getting huge cysts on my cheeks! A place I've never broken out that looked like balloons under my skin .  Believe the oil infected my pores and cause clusters of huge cysts on my face . The close up pic is the worst my skin has ever been   I was as so horrified to even get out of my house ; I felt like I had a deformity .I quit any oils , and have had to use antibacterial topical , glycolic peels, acne light therapy to kill These cysts . My advice is if you are acne prone even if articles say try oil cleansing, know your skin ! This has been a time span of about 3 moths in between pics  biggest regret ever .

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

MemberMember
(@bakingandbabies)

Posted : 07/08/2017 7:42 pm

What mix of oils did you use? I'm extremely acne prone and oily, and I LOVE OCM and oil cleansers. But I found that coconut oil, olive oil and grape seed oil clog me up like mad!

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 07/08/2017 9:55 pm

Well coconut oil should never be used it's highly comodogenic . I used olive oil mixed w castor oil at first big mistake as this is pore clogging as well . Finally I went on to see oils that were rated a "0" on clogging pores and hemp seed oil was on the list I chose organic unrefined pure hemp seed, kept it refrigerated . I swear that the cysts that grew was in infection . The acne bacteria feed off the oil and in turn spread . It takes a while to show up so don't think just bc you use it it will show up in week this was over time and I regret it so much

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/08/2017 10:41 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience. I use OCM on my acne prone skin and it has only done good. I tried avocado, coconut and jojoba and these actually helped me.

What oils did you use? Also how many times a week do you clean with oil?

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 07/09/2017 8:10 am

I mainly used hemp seed oil which like I said has a rating of supposedly zero . The problem with these oils is that it can go rancid, and I was using it everyday . Acne on my cheeks was never an issue for me so to see this to such a horrible extent was so hard for me . I would mainly suggest to ppl what may work for someone may not work for you I did countless of hours days and months of research , reading blogs and websites even on acne.org to hear about different experiences and methods. We don't know to what extent it level someone's acne is, how they're skin responds . So if you have someone that works stick with it don't go venturing off to "experiment" with new methods