Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't have much energy to post pictures (here is one that I did now fast), and the scars dont show well, similar as someone commented to you lines. I'm getting more and more shallow scars (and a couple of deep), no way to stop it. It is destroying me psychologically. I haven't shaved for 2 months, not to aggravate, but started to get inflammations in my beard, so now I'm afraid I have a lot of holes on my beard area). I also lost 10kg in 2 months (because it is destroying me), but I dont think this is the issue of poor healing.

I'm on moderate dose of accutane for my weight (75kg now)- 30mg-40mg. But for me 30-40mg for 3 months is a huge dose, as 10mg would give me perfect skin in a month.

Yesterday I was at public derm, and they were almost making fun of me, like they don't see the scars and small inflammations, and didnt want to examine me, as I'm treated by another dermatologist.

20170722_161044.jpg

I'm so sorry I put the moisturizer, as my skin was so dry, so I thought dryness is causing me inflammation. The next day I had like 20 inflamed pores and tiny bumps. Noticeable only when very close, but they leave scars.

I'm using head & shoulders to wash my face (maybe a mistake), but helps my acne a lot. I over-dried it. I should have used it once a day, and maybe everything would go away.

Edited by rapharapha

11 minutes ago, rapharapha said:

I don't have much energy to post pictures (here is one that I did now fast), and the scars dont show well, similar as someone commented to you lines. I'm getting more and more shallow scars (and a couple of deep), no way to stop it. It is destroying me psychologically. I haven't shaved for 2 months, not to aggravate, but started to get inflammations in my beard, so now I'm afraid I have a lot of holes on my beard area). I also lost 10kg in 2 months (because it is destroying me), but I dont think this is the issue of poor healing.

I'm on moderate dose on accutane for my weight (75kg now)- 30mg-40mg. But for me 30-40mg for 3 months is a huge dose, as 10mg would give me perfect skin in a month.

Yesterday I was at public derm, and they were almost making fun of me, like they don't see the scars and small inflammations, and didnt want to examine me, as I'm treated by another dermatologist.

20170722_161044.jpg

I'm so sorry I put the moisturizer, as my skin was so dry, so I thought dryness is causing me inflammation. The next day I had like 20 inflamed pores and tiny bumps. Noticeable only when very close, but they leave scars.

I'm using head & shoulders to wash my face (maybe a mistake), but helps my acne a lot. I over-dried it. I should have used it once a day, and maybe everything would go away.

I don't see anything either.

Then maybe I am psychiatric case :D. Trying to keep it positive :). It is a fast picture not in good lightning, but but you see uneven coloration and texture above my beard. These are all rolling scars. Fortunately my skin calmed down a bit (was aggravated from moisturizer). But new very small pimples are coming one per day (and healing within a day) leaving shallow scars.

Hopefully my sleeping pills will help me get proper rest and that will help healing and inflammations.

You both have cracked skin without any (even minor) inflammation?

Edited by rapharapha

I can see what you're talking about, but obviously with a quick, low quality photo it really doesn't look bad. I believe you and what you're saying is happening. Hard to make that stuff up unless you were literally hallucinating. Why are you still on Accutane if you think it's causing all these problems though?

Yes, it's hard to explain what I have. Just indented lines show up on my skin without any trauma. I don't know if they're scars, I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to be. So I hope I can clear my now returned acne and fix my deteriorating skin. I'll still have my actual scars though. 

Also, what sleeping pill were you prescribed? Ambien? If so, be very careful! 

Edited by Feelishia

Xanax, as I had a panic attack one day (didnt experience that ever in my life). I mentioned my cheek hurts a lot from even the very minor inflammation. I went to short sleep around 10pm, planning to wake up a bit later, eat and go to sleep. I was woken up around 11pm, with pain in my right cheek (that got worse that day), I saw in the mirror that I have several inflamations (that day I put moisturizer I think). Then weak pain progressed to my entire head, and my vision blurred and was very confused.

I was at my dermatologist couple of days ago, now I think I should have told her I want to get off accutane, and start Minocycline antibiotic asap (you need to have a period without accutane for tetracycline class of antibiotics). They gave me excellent results couple of years ago, and for minor acne they should be perfect. But now even accutane doesnt stop my inflammation, dont know how Minocycline would go now.

Don't know if I mentioned but my derm gave me Amoxicillin oral (7 days along accutane), that I said to her also helped my acne 100% once, accidentally. But this time did nothing.

She also mentioned before it could be fungal, but I didnt want to test then, and now she didnt mentioned that, and suggested could be Ulerythema - but it's not, is accutane skinn thining + accutane not clearing me 100% + moisturizer aggravation. 

Edited by rapharapha

Yea. Random cracks/fissures in skin would also panic me, if I found they were permanent, because this is similar to what I'm experiencing, I just get deeper scars also. If they are not permanent then no need to worry. Accutane has skin cracks/fissures as side effect, and poor healing also.

Guess what y'all. Another line. These are all on my inner right cheek by the way. Ridiculous. Forehead still covered in bumps, and still scars all over.

Edited by Feelishia

4 hours ago, Feelishia said:

Guess what y'all. Another line. These are all on my inner right cheek by the way. Ridiculous. Forehead still covered in bumps, and still scars all over.

guess what i noticed, the sunscreen that i use,has a good amount of zinc oxide in it and the day that i wear it and come back and wash it off, my skin feels soo good and it feels good for the next 2-3 days, the bumps on my forehead that i was talking about are all smooth today as i used my sunscreen yesterday. and this is not the first time that i have noticed this, its probably because of zinc oxide,,i cant think of any other reason. so i am thinking that zinc supplements would be very good, but im not sure though.  

Yea. They say zinc is good. But I think zinc supplements worsen my skin. And also I have an opinion that fat consumption worsens my skin, have not noticed candies do. I don't use any creme as I think any creme gives me pimples. I rather stay away from sun and cover my head completely with notebook or something.

7 hours ago, rapharapha said:

Are these lines healing or stay? And your scars do you talk about red marks or pits?

Lines stay once they randomly appear. They're hard to describe. As for my scars, I have linear indents (from picking with my fingernail) and a raised fingernail slash on my chin. Not pits and not hyperpigmentation. I wouldn't consider what I have to be acne scars, as they were caused by picking trauma, not the pimples.

8 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
13 hours ago, Feelishia said:

guess what i noticed, the sunscreen that i use,has a good amount of zinc oxide in it and the day that i wear it and come back and wash it off, my skin feels soo good and it feels good for the next 2-3 days, the bumps on my forehead that i was talking about are all smooth today as i used my sunscreen yesterday. and this is not the first time that i have noticed this, its probably because of zinc oxide,,i cant think of any other reason. so i am thinking that zinc supplements would be very good, but im not sure though.  
That's really interesting and I'm glad it worked for you! I have a hard time with sunscreen since I wear makeup... Can't exactly re-apply it during the day and putting it on once in the morning before makeup is practically useless since you need to reapply every 2 hours. There are spray versions, but I know they don't do much.
Awhile ago my derm recommended CeraVe AM and PM, and the AM has SPF 30 in it. I stopped using it though, because it would ball up on my skin when applying, and left a white sheet to my face. Maybe I'll try it again.

Edit: I will add, I am bad about sunscreen. I know i'm supposed to wear it, especially while I was on Accutane, but I just never did cuz of the makeup thing. Which is especially bad, because I've been getting a lot of sun exposure. It's summer so it's sunny, and between driving, walking to classes, sitting outside, and my job as a dog walker, I should've been better. I plan to go out today and get a sunscreen moisturizer and a spray version that I can reapply over my makeup.

Dang, I really hope it didn't mess up my skin from never wearing sunscreen. I knew better but still did it. Edited by Feelishia

13 hours ago, Feelishia said:
That's really interesting and I'm glad it worked for you! I have a hard time with sunscreen since I wear makeup... Can't exactly re-apply it during the day and putting it on once in the morning before makeup is practically useless since you need to reapply every 2 hours. There are spray versions, but I know they don't do much.
Awhile ago my derm recommended CeraVe AM and PM, and the AM has SPF 30 in it. I stopped using it though, because it would ball up on my skin when applying, and left a white sheet to my face. Maybe I'll try it again.

Edit: I will add, I am bad about sunscreen. I know i'm supposed to wear it, especially while I was on Accutane, but I just never did cuz of the makeup thing. Which is especially bad, because I've been getting a lot of sun exposure. It's summer so it's sunny, and between driving, walking to classes, sitting outside, and my job as a dog walker, I should've been better. I plan to go out today and get a sunscreen moisturizer and a spray version that I can reapply over my makeup.

Dang, I really hope it didn't mess up my skin from never wearing sunscreen. I knew better but still did it.
i don't think the scars are because of skipping sunscreen.. all it could have done is increase the pih,,which is not your issue so that's fine. I use  physical sunscreen that claims 8hr protection, if it says that it must offer atleast 4hr protection, and I'm not out in the sun longer than that, so I guess I'm fine with that, anyway i'll get to see my derm in 10-12 days so lets see what she says.

9 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
23 hours ago, Feelishia said:

i don't think the scars are because of skipping sunscreen.. all it could have done is increase the pih,,which is not your issue so that's fine. I use  physical sunscreen that claims 8hr protection, if it says that it must offer atleast 4hr protection, and I'm not out in the sun longer than that, so I guess I'm fine with that, anyway i'll get to see my derm in 10-12 days so lets see what she says.
Not cause scars but it can make scars worse. But I mean the indented lines. Sun exposure can give you wrinkles and fine lines so why not? But anyways, got the CeraVe AM face moisturizer, I'll see if I can tolerate it better this time, and an invisible spray sunscreen that I'll reapply every 2 hours I'm in the sun.
Good luck! It's such a long wait.

2 hours ago, Feelishia said:
Not cause scars but it can make scars worse. But I mean the indented lines. Sun exposure can give you wrinkles and fine lines so why not? But anyways, got the CeraVe AM face moisturizer, I'll see if I can tolerate it better this time, and an invisible spray sunscreen that I'll reapply every 2 hours I'm in the sun.
i know!! lets just hope that things don't get worse.

8 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
i know!! lets just hope that things don't get worse.
I'm realizing that I only remember one scar before I started Accutane; the raised one on my chin. And like I've said before, I didn't have any more acne while on Accutane. But now I'm riddled with scars. It's possible I didn't notice some of the scars before, but still, there were some I literally woke up with one day. So I'm not sure what to think. I just wish I knew that it'll get better if it will, or had a way to fix this. It's such a waiting game, especially when things are only getting worse :( 

1 hour ago, Feelishia said:
I'm realizing that I only remember one scar before I started Accutane; the raised one on my chin. And like I've said before, I didn't have any more acne while on Accutane. But now I'm riddled with scars. It's possible I didn't notice some of the scars before, but still, there were some I literally woke up with one day. So I'm not sure what to think. I just wish I knew that it'll get better if it will, or had a way to fix this. It's such a waiting game, especially when things are only getting worse :( 
yeah it is, and now I feel little bumps on my cheeks, they look like theyre from the dryness but still theyre bumps and theyre not supposed to be there. I just cant wait to see my derm now.

30 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
yeah it is, and now I feel little bumps on my cheeks, they look like theyre from the dryness but still theyre bumps and theyre not supposed to be there. I just cant wait to see my derm now.
Yeah my skin was always smooth before all this. Even with the acne (besides the bumps from pimples obviously). It wasn't until the Accutane that my skin got textured and scarred. If I knew it was temporary and would only get better, I'd feel relieved and be able to deal with it better. But if it's permanent, I'm just never gonna be able to live my life happily again. I don't want to be lied to either, though. I just really want to know if it'll actually get better.

Well now my whole lips and the skin around them broke out into a bumpy rash. There are three things I think could potentially be the cause. I'm so fed up :( 

Okay so another update: Now my whole face is blotchy with red rash spots and bumpy in certain places, including my lips. This is so awful! I think it's a reaction to either Philosophy's "The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash" I used twice, or the "Thayers Witch Hazel toner" I used AM/PM for a few days. Oops. I suppose it could also be the CeraVe AM I just added as well, but it has similar ingredients to the CeraVe PM I use... Well I still have to go to class today and tomorrow morning, then my derm office called yesterday and was able to get me an appointment tomorrow. Now I have another problem to show them lol. Will update. For now I just wanna sit at home covered in moisture but I feel so dry and have to go out :( 

Edited by Feelishia

1 hour ago, Feelishia said:

Okay so another update: Now my whole face is blotchy with red rash spots and bumpy in certain places, including my lips. This is so awful! I think it's a reaction to either Philosophy's "The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash" I used twice, or the "Thayers Witch Hazel toner" I used AM/PM for a few days. Oops. I suppose it could also be the CeraVe AM I just added as well, but it has similar ingredients to the CeraVe PM I use... Well I still have to go to class today and tomorrow morning, then my derm office called yesterday and was able to get me an appointment tomorrow. Now I have another problem to show them lol. Will update. For now I just wanna sit at home covered in moisture but I feel so dry and have to go out :( 

dont be harsh on your skin right now, Accutane is still in your body. keep it simple as you used to while you were on this medication. keep us udated.

28 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

dont be harsh on your skin right now, Accutane is still in your body. keep it simple as you used to while you were on this medication. keep us udated.
I know, it was a mistake! I was trying to solve the bumps on my forehead. I never reacted to these things before. I'm sure my rash/bumps will clear up with some time. I don't think something else caused me to react. Now the problems are the texture and scars and random lines. Let's see what the derm says tomorrow, but I'm not too optimistic. If there was seriously a way to fix all that then oh man, I'd be able to live again! Edited by Feelishia