Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can see even more lines appearing. I'm so lost as to what to do. I don't want to go see my dermatologist, because she didn't even believe me when I called to say Accutane was doing this to me. There are no answers anywhere, no success stories/pictures. No explanations. 

Sorry for posting so much.

I think my acne is back. Already. My entire forehead is covered in bumps and this all happened overnight. Now another pimple popped up on my nose. Oh my gosh.

Called my dermatologist office and talked to a nurse and they couldn't help me with any problems over the phone. The doctor still is adamant that these indented lines are NOT due to Accutane. They want me to come in for an appointment but didn't have availability until 3 WEEKS from now. What do I even do in the meantime?  

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Feelishia said:

Best pics I could get but can you see the new line(s)? And now my forehead had a bunch of little bumps on it. Can't really see the scar on my forehead pic. Also yes, there is a big chunk out of my skin below my eye as you can see in the first pic. No idea when that happened or how. This is awful.

I feel physically sick now. My stomach has that sinking feeling. I don't know what to do. I have no hope. I have classes and other obligations and can't just hide. Not that it would even be an option, since this will last forever.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3569.PNG

IMG_3577.PNG

well, I cant see any lines but maybe they don't appear in the photos, and about the small bumps, I also got them, I even got a lot of bumps on my nose but theyre all gone now, I guess its just the skin adjusting itself, so don't be worried abt that.

1 hour ago, eternalrocket said:
On 7/16/2017 at 9:33 AM, Feelishia said:

well, I cant see any lines but maybe they don't appear in the photos, and about the small bumps, I also got them, I even got a lot of bumps on my nose but theyre all gone now, I guess its just the skin adjusting itself, so don't be worried abt that.
Like you got those soon after stopping Accutane or what? Yeah I called my dermatologist but she couldn't give any advice for the nurses to relay to me. I asked if I could use my Clindamycin gel and they said sure. So far they're not letting up :/ My whole forehead is bumpy and feels rough unlike the rest of my face. It's just difficult to have these things keep piling up, ya know? Plus I'm in college so I have classes to go to so I'm just embarrassed to have to go out.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, Feelishia said:
Like you got those soon after stopping Accutane or what? Yeah I called my dermatologist but she couldn't give any advice for the nurses to relay to me. I asked if I could use my Clindamycin gel and they said sure. So far they're not letting up :/ My whole forehead is bumpy and feels rough unlike the rest of my face. It's just difficult to have these things keep piling up, ya know? Plus I'm in college so I have classes to go to so I'm just embarrassed to have to go out.
yeap, I got them right after finisihing the pills and they lasted for like 5 days, but its smooth now.

5 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
21 hours ago, Feelishia said:
yeap, I got them right after finisihing the pills and they lasted for like 5 days, but its smooth now.
Okay, hope that's the case for me too! Now to try to deal with this dehydrated skin... Not sure what to do

I'm so confused....Your skin looks completely fine to me. What lines? Pores? Scars? 

4 minutes ago, Yola4 said:

I'm so confused....Your skin looks completely fine to me. What lines? Pores? Scars? 

Your skin looks completely flawless in your photos too. That's just a small portion of my face with an iPhone camera. My skin is dehydrated, breaking out again, and the makeup problem I used to have right when I got acne that went away finally on Accutane is coming back. My makeup would separate and leave dots all over my face. I traced over the scars/lines (the bigger the picture, the harder to see, when it's as a small thumbnail I can clearly see the lines):

IMG_3650.JPG

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.7d77544f9234891a9bf5fc059198348d.jpg

What photos? I don't have any photos of my damage posted. Lol
My photos posted are from last year when my skin was flawless! All I'm saying is is that your skin looks fine just a bit irritated and most likely accutane related. Just leave it alone for 6-12 months, and I'm sure you'll be fine. You told me you had "20 scars" I see one slight indent. All of that stuff looks like surface texture changes due to irritation, definitely not scars. I'm not going to argue with you because it's your skin so whatever you want to do go ahead and do but sometimes doing something like dermaneedling can cause further problems! I certainly wouldn't risk it if I were you....

Edited by Yola4

1 hour ago, Yola4 said:

What photos? I don't have any photos of my damage posted. Lol
My photos posted are from last year when my skin was flawless! All I'm saying is is that your skin looks fine just a bit irritated and most likely accutane related. Just leave it alone for 6-12 months, and I'm sure you'll be fine. You told me you had "20 scars" I see one slight indent. All of that stuff looks like surface texture changes due to irritation, definitely not scars. I'm not going to argue with you because it's your skin so whatever you want to do go ahead and do but sometimes doing something like dermaneedling can cause further problems! I certainly wouldn't risk it if I were you....

It's not a photo of my whole face lol I have about 20 scars. Obviously nothing horribly noticeable but I looked in the mirror for 20 years with clear skin, so it's a lot to me. I'm just physically uncomfortable as well. My skin just gets hot and tight and whatnot. And I've had really bad dry mouth before I even started Accutane, so I can't blame it for that, but I've had it for at the very least 2 years, and it's extremely difficult to live with. Things just keep adding up and get frustrating, I'm sure you understand. I wouldn't even be able to do needling for over 6 months anyways so don't worry, it's not happening. 

34 minutes ago, Feelishia said:

It's not a photo of my whole face lol I have about 20 scars. Obviously nothing horribly noticeable but I looked in the mirror for 20 years with clear skin, so it's a lot to me. I'm just physically uncomfortable as well. My skin just gets hot and tight and whatnot. And I've had really bad dry mouth before I even started Accutane, so I can't blame it for that, but I've had it for at the very least 2 years, and it's extremely difficult to live with. Things just keep adding up and get frustrating, I'm sure you understand. I wouldn't even be able to do needling for over 6 months anyways so don't worry, it's not happening. 

Good, I'm Glad to hear that you're not going to do anything drastic. I certainly wish that I never touched Retin A! But you also said your scars don't show up on camera which leads me to believe it's superficial scarring like I had. Considering I can see your surface texture issues in the above picture, I would assume actual scars could be captured on that same phone. I just don't think anyone would look at you and think twice about your skin. But like you said, any negative changes suck plain and simple. So I hope your skin bounces back. 
I get what it's like to see your skin falling apart right in front of your eyes, but sometimes doing nothing is the best remedy. I'm not trying to negate your concerns....I just think your skin will revert back to its former glory if left alone. Good Luck 

8 minutes ago, Yola4 said:
Good, I'm Glad to hear that you're not going to do anything drastic. I certainly wish that I never touched Retin A! But you also said your scars don't show up on camera which leads me to believe it's superficial scarring like I had. Considering I can see your surface texture issues in the above picture, I would assume actual scars could be captured on that same phone. I just don't think anyone would look at you and think twice about your skin. But like you said, any negative changes suck plain and simple. So I hope your skin bounces back. 
I get what it's like to see your skin falling apart right in front of your eyes, but sometimes doing nothing is the best remedy. I'm not trying to negate your concerns....I just think your skin will revert back to its former glory if left alone. Good Luck 
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "superficial scarring"? Mine certainly look worse in person. Grainy cameras aren't going to show many flaws lol. Yeah, I wish I hadn't gone on Accutane as well. Especially since my acne may be returning, and my makeup problem (which was horrrrible) is now coming back too. So basically I suffered for 5 months just to give myself scars.

Yeah, believe it or not I'm relatively calm day to day. It's still hard and I'm not happy. If I was sitting at home 24/7 that would be one thing, but having to go out is stressful. 

I hope my skin bounces back too! I do have some actual scar scars though from picking. One is raised :/ Good luck to you too! 

16 hours ago, Feelishia said:
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "superficial scarring"? Mine certainly look worse in person. Grainy cameras aren't going to show many flaws lol. Yeah, I wish I hadn't gone on Accutane as well. Especially since my acne may be returning, and my makeup problem (which was horrrrible) is now coming back too. So basically I suffered for 5 months just to give myself scars.

Yeah, believe it or not I'm relatively calm day to day. It's still hard and I'm not happy. If I was sitting at home 24/7 that would be one thing, but having to go out is stressful. 

I hope my skin bounces back too! I do have some actual scar scars though from picking. One is raised :/ Good luck to you too! 
because your skin is dehydrated, some scars appear worse, and they might not even be scars, just some texture issues which should be gone once the skin goes back to normal in about a month or so because Accutane stays in your body for that time.

6 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
11 hours ago, Feelishia said:

because your skin is dehydrated, some scars appear worse, and they might not even be scars, just some texture issues which should be gone once the skin goes back to normal in about a month or so because Accutane stays in your body for that time.
Hope so! The bumps on my forehead haven't gotten better and now I'm getting pimples on my chin. Ugh.

And now the tip of my nose has 4-5 pimples/bumps. Weird. Edited by Feelishia

15 hours ago, Feelishia said:
Hope so! The bumps on my forehead haven't gotten better and now I'm getting pimples on my chin. Ugh.

And now the tip of my nose has 4-5 pimples/bumps. Weird.
that's bad..i always had problem of hyperpigmentation, especially on my forehead and I had hoped that my skin would heal better after Accutane but it just looks like its worsening a little bit :(.. I hope things get better for both of us..but your skin looks sooo good. Edited by eternalrocket

7 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
that's bad..i always had problem of hyperpigmentation, especially on my forehead and I had hoped that my skin would heal better after Accutane but it just looks like its worsening a little bit :(.. I hope things get better for both of us..but your skin looks sooo good.
Dang, you previously said your problems went away after Accutane. Oh dear.

12 hours ago, Feelishia said:
12 hours ago, eternalrocket said:
that's bad..i always had problem of hyperpigmentation, especially on my forehead and I had hoped that my skin would heal better after Accutane but it just looks like its worsening a little bit :(.. I hope things get better for both of us..but your skin looks sooo good.
Dang, you previously said your problems went away after Accutane. Oh dear.
I mean my skin feels smooth and the redness on the cheeks is fading but the forehead..oh dear. sorry I just went too off the topic from your post.lol

What's wrong with your forehead? Just hyperpigmentation?

All the bumps on my forehead look like they need to be extracted, but I obviously can't do that since I took Accutane lmao. I had a tiny pimple awhile ago on my forehead that i extracted and it left an indented hole.

All the bumps on my forehead look like they need to be extracted, but I obviously can't do that since I took Accutane lmao. I had a tiny pimple awhile ago on my forehead that i extracted and it left an indented hole.

NOO..dont do that, don't extract.. your skin is still very fragile..yeah its hyperpigmentation..and I live in a very very humid place so the excessive sweating just makes it look so much worse.

2 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
8 minutes ago, Feelishia said:

NOO..dont do that, don't extract.. your skin is still very fragile..yeah its hyperpigmentation..and I live in a very very humid place so the excessive sweating just makes it look so much worse.
I know! I said I won't extract them! They haven't let up and the clindamycin hasn't done anything so I'm stopping that. It just sucks that my dermatologist is booked so far out, so I don't know what to do in the meantime. Usually small pimples like this go away in 1-3 days.

As for the hyperpigmentation.. Have you considered wearing concealer? Edited by Feelishia

I know! I said I won't extract them! They haven't let up and the clindamycin hasn't done anything so I'm stopping that. It just sucks that my dermatologist is booked so far out, so I don't know what to do in the meantime. Usually small pimples like this go away in 1-3 days.

As for the hyperpigmentation.. Have you considered wearing concealer?
well..im a guy so ive never used any makeup stuff so I don't do anything about them,,i just want to get rid of all this and stop hiding myself really.

2 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
6 minutes ago, Feelishia said:

As for the hyperpigmentation.. Have you considered wearing concealer?
well..im a guy so ive never used any makeup stuff so I don't do anything about them,,i just want to get rid of all this and stop hiding myself really.
I'd trade my scars for hyperpigmentation any day! It goes away! I had it pretty dang bad last year. If it really bothers you that much then if you are close to any girls, maybe have them show you a few tricks haha

its been 6 years I'm dealing with this,,so I know more about all these(except makeup) than most of my girl friends,lol. but its always been there for me through thick and thin haha.