Notifications
Clear all

BURNED FACE WITH TEA TREE OIL

MemberMember
(@mn31)

Posted : 07/03/2017 11:21 pm

So about 3-4 weeks ago I REALLLLLY REGRET THIS but I put tea tree oil on my pimples as I heard it takes them away.

i pretty much had the most perfect skin before this just 1-2 tiny pimples on either cheek. So I didn't dilute it or mix it with something I just put a bit right on and kept it over night.

since that I've had a darker discoloured looking face, with red marks that burn a bit as well if i put normal creams or anything on it. And I have be verrrrrry dry kind of flakey looking skin. ON TOP OF THAT I have shrivelled skin / wrinkles.

PLEASE TELL ME I WONT BE STUCK LIKE THIS FOREVER. Someone help!!!!! I want my normal skin/face back!

MemberMember
(@patientboy)

Posted : 07/07/2017 1:25 pm

Hey mn31, sorry for the late reply.

Tea tree oil is an essential oil that can be used to treat mild to moderate acne. It can sometimes cause skin dryness, itching, stinging, burning, and redness. What you're experiencing isn't unusual, tea tree oil is very powerful against pimples.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend tea tree oil because it's irritating to the skin and the smell is horrible.
Pimples will gradually dry up and flake away from your skin. Next time, try not to worry too much about what's going on w/ your face.
Right after taking a shower, apply a non-comedogenic lotion. I recommend this product: https://www.cetaphil.com/moisturizing-lotion
Drink plenty of water and stay away from unhealthy foods like chocolate, sugary drinks, and greasy foods.
I'm thinking that you might be sunburned, because applying normal creams shouldn't sting your face. Especially since it's been almost a month since you used the tea tree oil.

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:14 am

So I had the same experience where I "burnt" my skin using tea tree oil. I did not put anything on it and just left it to heal. That seemed to work for me as it went away soon.