Acne all over my fa...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne all over my face 🙁 pics included

MemberMember
(@gemmacook26)

Posted : 07/03/2017 1:55 pm

My face is covered in pimples and spots, I have always had good skin untill about 4months ago and now I can't clear it :( I'm literally beginning to not even want to leave the house, it's gets worse towards he end of the day becomes so inflamed and painful anyone know what type of acne it is? My whole face feels like sandpaper 

IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6469.JPG

MemberMember
(@sabic09)

Posted : 08/04/2017 10:14 pm

I have been struggling with the same issue the last 5 weeks! Just my face, neck and chest a little bit!! I went to see a doctor last week and was told it looks like heat rash or allergic reaction and then he proscribed me staroid, it's been a week and it has not helped one bit. Will be seeing him this coming up week as well I'll keep in touch if I find anything out!

MemberMember
(@gabae)

Posted : 08/05/2017 10:09 pm

Hi, Gemma I think what you're having is fungal acne. You should ask your derm to test you for it, I'm quite certain that by the looks of your skin that it's fungal related. A course of antifungal cream along with Nizoral Shampoo as face wash can do wonders. You should research reddit for fungal acne and you can read from people's experiences, in fact this type of acne is quite common.

MemberMember
(@irispearl)

Posted : 06/12/2019 8:07 am

Hi same as yours i am experiencing it now. I already consulted to a derm and she said it was comedones... I am so frustated to bring back my smooth face.. Can i ask what meds did you do to??

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/12/2019 10:46 pm

Gemma Cook and Iris Pearl and Sabic

As Gabae says, you have fungal acne. Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds, including steroids. You can get rid of the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturiers or organic oils to the affected areas.

DO NOT USE STEROIDS ON THE AFFECTED AREA except for 2-3 days, and only if very inflamed. STEROIDS MAKE FUNGAL ACNE WORSE - steroids CAUSE fungal acne

If you get back to me with answers to the questions below, I can provide targeted information for your situation/s.

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

Dermatologists, and doctors generally, know nothing about fungal acne and similar fungal skin conditions. They will likely prescribe antibiotics and/or steroids, which will make your skin problems worse and worse.

I look forward to hearing back from you.