Notifications
Clear all

Caveman Regimen Diaries

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/03/2017 1:25 pm

I was on caveman, it was the best my skin had ever been. But then I decided to use products just for the fun of it. And my skin slowly but surely got breakouts, more than I had ever had. As the new year came in, I started eating more vegetables and working out and my skin went haywire. When I workout intensely, my skin worsens which is not uncommon so I've stopped and my skin cleared slightly. It's July now and I'm still figuring out what to do. Here's my second go of the caveman, about two years later. Ill be writing my journey each day (or "huge change" days), and beginning this post on July 3rd 2017 - day 5 of caveman regimen

My skin was not horrible, but I had never had breakouts before my healthy (healthier) lifestyle change. I began using products to replicate theacne.orgregimen, but to no avail.

So I switched to a Korean skin routine, using about 7 products rather than the traditional 12. Most Korean products focus on repairing your moisture barrier, lightening the skin, and anti aging. But these were expensive, and not making my skin as clear as it once was or evening out my skin tone. I have blotchy skin, little hyoerpigmentation from this past seven months of mild acne.

day 1 - day 4 summary

Face looks great and dewy in morning then becomes lack luster throughout the day. Face isn't too dry. No new acne until day 3 - forehead has small bumps covering entirely.
day 5
I have been using water and alcohol free witch hazel toner as a spray on my face for all 5 days so far. This differs from my first time of caveman when I used no water or products. And is giving me sped up results... hopefully for the better.

The dry skin mask is appearing, much sooner than when I did the no water regimen. I'm leaving it.
My jaw line itches like crazy when I get hot, I sort of break out in small hive like acne under my jaw but they clear up when I'm not hot.
The actual acne on my cheeks, has completely dried up, but is still slightly raised.
My nose's blackheads have disappeared, but are now replaced with white sebum pushing out. Not white head pimples, so I'll say white sebum???
My chin has white sebum pushing out as well.
My forehead has a lot of small bumps, and has not cleared at all from this experiment but has actually appeared from when I started. I had nothing on my forehead beforehand, now I do.
The tone of my skin, is completely even. Completely. Which was one of my biggest insecurities - note I am avoiding sunlight on my face for this regimen while I cannot wear sunscreen.
I plan to stop using water and witch hazel. Ill use water when I feel like something got on my face that needs to be rinsed off. Witch hazel, I will completely stop using for the remainder of the regimen. Here is to day 5, see you day 6!! Cheers
MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/04/2017 9:04 pm

day 6
last night I used my finger to remove all of the dead skin mask from areas I thought weren't "actively oily and full of something" type of pimples (all around my nose) the next day, there are no new breakouts but no new improvements. The tone looks radiant, not as even likely because I removed the layer of even dirt on my face. I hope to keep all water off my face for the remainder of the regimen!!

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/05/2017 1:41 pm

day 7
clearest my face has been in a long time! The few clusters of pimples that were surrounding my nose have significantly dried up leaving behind some dry patches.
My forhead has cleared up about 50%, but still some tiny tiny bumps all over it.
White sebum still pushing out of my chin.
Face doesn't FEEL dry, overall does not look dry, just has a few tiny dry patches where the pimples literally shrank over night.
Going to try to up my water intake, as that is what I did yesterday and my face cleared up quite a bit over night.
Here is to one week down!

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/06/2017 6:26 pm

day 8
My skin looks wonderful! The cluster of acne around my nose has significantly decreased, all that is left behind seems to be dried out acne.
My skin is not blotchy.
I have not let water on my face for two days and it seems to be working better than using water and witch hazel.
Drinking more water is absolutely clearing up active pimples.
So far the journey is doing what I had hoped!

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/07/2017 4:00 pm

day 9
yesterday I was in the sun and got sweaty, and did not wash my face. The next morning (today) my face has more oil which seems to be beneficial. And the acne around my nose seems to be vanishing, leaving behind large pores. Other than that, looks great. Better than using any product religiously.

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/09/2017 12:22 am

day 10
my skin looks worse than when I began the regimen, literally overnight it went from great to worst. I drank alcohol last night which i think played a huge role in my face transforming negatively - im hoping. My skin looks like it's suffocated in a dry oil type of oil on my entire face, lots of tiny rash like acne on my T-zone. This is not what I wanted obviously but I'll stick with it!

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/10/2017 1:23 pm

day 12
Yesterday I took a wet rag and gently wiped my face of all the oil and any dry patches. My skin looks less stressed, but still large pores and tiny bumps in my t-zone. Ill keep up with it! I did drink alcohol yesterday and then slept 12 hours.. I hoped this would give my skin time to heal overnight. It was useful sleeping so much. Hoping for better results, here's to day 12!

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/11/2017 10:18 am

day 13
I've been eating A LOT of frozen custard. And my skin always looks great the next day. The day after that, my skin usually looks pretty inflamed. I had ice cream yesterday and my skin looks great! I also am starting to cook my veggies because maybe my digestion isn't happy with so many raw vegetables. I managed to drink 2 liters of water yesterday.
Today my skin looks as good as it has looked,doesn't look great. Tiny textured bumps covering my whole face except my jaw.
My jaws looks so flawless!!!
I will try to drink more water each day, andprobably not watch what I eat! See you tomorrow, cheers 🙂

MemberMember
(@susiecarmichael)

Posted : 07/16/2017 9:50 pm

day 18
my skin overall looks pretty clear, clearer than with any skin regimen.
Rash like breakout on my forehead still
Large pores around nose seem much more back to my normal state of skin
Entire face isn't dry or oily, it's pretty perfect
Tone is pretty even
I've been trying my best not to pay too much attention to it, so treat it like I hope to treat it for the rest of my life. If water gets on it in the shower, that's fine I just let it air dry.
I've yet again been neglecting water, so back to that. See ya when I do!!