Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whsfball24

Accutane and results

i know this varies form person to person but i have been on first month of 40 mg. and second month of 80 mg. a day and was wondering is it the 3 rd and 4 th month where it really starts to show signs of improvement? cus ive only noticed the cycle of the pimples getting faster like i get a pimple and it doesnt take long at all for it to go away...so bascially do i have to be more patient to see results?

The doc told my daughter to look for results in the third month but it's taken 5 and it's still not perfect. It's much much better now though. It's mostly the red marks that are left. Accutane takes a lot of patience.

I've been on Accutane for about three weeks now (only 40 mg/day, which I think is half of the typical dosage), and already I've noticed a remarkable difference in my skin. My face is FAR less oily (not oily at all, really) and I have fewer zits. It seems the ones I had are on their way to clearing up completely, and the composition of my skin has been altered for the better. Instead of painful red bumps, I now have more blackheads -- which I'm guessing are the result of my skin drying out and purging the junk that's been in there for the past months.

My skin took an initial turn for the worst very suddenly about six or seven months ago, after a bad sunburn and an intense, stressful year of work/emotional trauma, and poor habits/diet. I should have gone on Accutane immediately, but waited until the acne progressed. Wish I hadn't waited so long (esp. b/c of the rigamarole they put women through b/f prescribing). Also, I'm using products I used in high school: johnson & johnson blackhead clearing scrub followed by j&j acne wash (1-2x/day, depending on oiliness of skin). Moisturize when needed with Cetaphil. The Accutane has really made the difference, though. Don't waste time with other products -- especially the antibiotics. They're totally ineffective and it's unhealthy to be on those for any duration. Best of luck to all!

i know this varies form person to person but i have been on first month of 40 mg. and second month of 80 mg. a day and was wondering is it the 3 rd and 4 th month where it really starts to show signs of improvement? cus ive only noticed the cycle of the pimples getting faster like i get a pimple and it doesnt take long at all for it to go away...so bascially do i have to be more patient to see results?

My acne was rather mild but very persistant.

My dermatologist tried me on everything under the sun over a period of 14 years but nothing seemed to work. Roaccutane has been great for me so far and I wish I'd had gone on it years ago.

I was put on 60mg a day from the first day and I did experience a nasty breakout, but now going into my third month my skin is looking fantastic, the best it's ever looked.

So far for me it's all been worth it.

I am about to start my 7th week and my face is just starting to show signs of improvement. Weeks 2-6 were almost unbearable, my acne flared up two-fold the normal amount, and I was really discouraged. Now it seems that fewer pimples are coming back and the ones that are coming back are getting smaller. I am hopeful that my 3rd month will show a lot of improvement. Patience is a virtue... wink.gif

Ive been on tane for almost 5 months, and i'm still not clear.  I don't have any real big pimples, just small red bumps.  I'm told that'll go away with time as well.  Hang in there!