Notifications
Clear all

Accutane and Alcohol

MemberMember
(@owen49)

Posted : 07/01/2017 1:51 pm

I took my first dose of accutane 40mg last night and i went out drinking after. i've read up on the topic and it seems like the general public says to stay away from alcohol while on accutane. it's would be pretty hard for me to quit drinking alcohol so is it ok if i go out and party every once in a while

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 07/02/2017 4:43 am

I think both alcohol and accutane are metabolized by the liver so it's putting a lot of extra strain on your liver by drinking while taking accutane, because accutane is already so rough on the liver. I don't know if it's a good idea, it might not necessarily cause long term liver damage, but it increases your risk of liver damage. I'm sure any doctor would say no to drinking while on accutane, but you gotta make your own choices and weigh the risks. Also hopefully you are getting your blood tested regularly!

MemberMember
(@mb99)

Posted : 07/02/2017 7:05 am

"it's would be pretty hard for me to quit drinking alcohol"
This should worry you.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/02/2017 10:28 am

No alcohol while on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@owen49)

Posted : 07/02/2017 3:36 pm

8 hours ago, MB99 said:

"it's would be pretty hard for me to quit drinking alcohol"
This should worry you.

get off my dick i'm a college student

10 hours ago, spicyotter said:

I think both alcohol and accutane are metabolized by the liver so it's putting a lot of extra strain on your liver by drinking while taking accutane, because accutane is already so rough on the liver. I don't know if it's a good idea, it might not necessarily cause long term liver damage, but it increases your risk of liver damage. I'm sure any doctor would say no to drinking while on accutane, but you gotta make your own choices and weigh the risks. Also hopefully you are getting your blood tested regularly!

even just cracking a few cold ones with the boys a couple times a week?

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 07/02/2017 9:36 pm

Idk man, crack open a cold one with the boys at your own risk. I'm not a doctor