Notifications
Clear all

acne and self esteam

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 06/30/2017 2:59 pm

Hi....im 26 and been suffering from light acne on and off since my teens....i thought it would have stopped by now but no luck so far....i think its my hormones mainly so I've been on Yasmin for just over a year and i use bp 5-10% every night without fail. These light breakouts seam to be pretty continuous and new pimples appear daily. Im aware that it's mild and may look like nothing so some people but it still has shattered my self esteem. It's pretty much non existent at this point..anyone else on Yasmin think it could of stopped working....i dunno....im clinically depressed and my skin is one of my triggers...any advice on how I can get past these feelings? Thank u, xx

WP_20170630_20_44_43_Pro.jpg

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 06/30/2017 3:41 pm

If it's hormonal then spironolactone may be something to look into!

MemberMember
(@ghostwalker)

Posted : 06/30/2017 8:55 pm

Hi,

I often feel the same way about my skin: depressed, frustrated, angry, hopeless it will ever get better almost a whole decade has gone by since I first started breaking out at the age of twelve; I'm now nearing my twenty-first birthday.

It's a daily, seemingly endless, struggle to be ok. I feel alright somedays; others I don't feel alright at all: there's days I feel empty and angry, like my life means nothing and all my opportunities in life are gone all because of a skin disease.

"Getting past the feelings" may never be possible. Feelings are just too too fickle; they come and they go and it seems there's very little you can do to control them.

This may feel heavy. But just to be honest with you. I get my self image from the way I believe God sees me. I believe he sees me as his child, his beloved; I believe he sees me as perfect; I believe he is fond of me; I believe he loves me no matter the state of my skin, no matter the state of my life. So I see myself, how anyone else sees me, is no longer relevant if my God loves me as his own.

I hope it helps!

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 06/30/2017 11:51 pm

Thank u for help xxxx