Notifications
Clear all

Mentally broken after 10 years with acne

MemberMember
(@anon3417)

Posted : 06/29/2017 9:50 pm

I'm now 21 years old and I've suffered from severe to moderate acne since I was 11 years old. I've been to dermatologists, tried different skin regimens, topical treatments, oral treatments, accutane, all natural/hollistic, laser treatments, and pretty much anything you can think of. I'm so tired of looking in the mirror and still seeing angry red acne covered skin looking back. I'm so tired of tirelessly taking care of my skin by never missing a face wash morning and night, always changing my face towel and pillow cases, and restricting my diet. I feel as though I have never truly been able to enjoy myself anywhere ever because of my acne. It limits my social life greatly and I have to say no to so many fun things because of my skin and low confidence. All I want is to be able to go out with my friends when I want to and not depending on how my skin is that day. I want to be able to kiss a boy without worrying if my makeup is rubbed off. I want to be able to have a guy sleepover or myself sleepover at theirs instead of having to leave. To be clear I can't go in public without makeup on and only my close friends and family have seen me without makeup. So whether or not I can wear makeup in a situation dictates if I can do it or not. So many weekends at my friend's cottages, pool parties, or sleepovers have been turned down because of this. I know immediately everyone is thinking that makeup is the cause of my acne but I can't not wear it. It's my dream to be able to wake up, wash face and go out for the day but I am not strong enough to do it. I'm so so so tired of all of this which is my life. I cry myself to sleep most nights because it's right after I've washed my face for the night and my skin is all I can think about. Acne controls me and there's nothing left for me to try. After 10 years I'm mentally and emotionally broken and it feels like acne has won.

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/30/2017 7:52 pm

Switch to organic dairy and meat
it makes a huge difference!!
drink herbal teas
nettle, red raspberry leaf, burdock, milk thistle
drink 30 min before every meal you take, avoid taking any drugs
use acne treatment once a day or even better every other day
also use face cleanser once a day only
avoid any kind of scrubs, it makes acne worse
take vitamin E and vitamin D3 daily

Your skin doesn't look that bad as you think
Remember that its nice personality that attracts people after they get to know you not how you look

Eating raw cures any skin issues!
make green/herb smoothies daily

Anon3417 liked
MemberMember
(@classyafrica)

Posted : 01/12/2019 3:37 am

Try a fast... once your body cleanses itself maybe your acne will go away. Then you can re introduce foods and see what works

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 01/18/2019 5:49 pm

I don't think your skin is that bad.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 01/20/2019 3:43 am

your skin isn't bad...i see a little bit of acne... nothing like I used to have and you're lucky... you have like no scars.. just being honest but I do know how you feel ... try not to stress so much about anything... and I wore make up for over 10 years i finally stopped after my mom died... my skin has healed a lot...i don't do anything to it and I don't use anything on it except bar soap once or twice a week... also I eat whatever I want... this is the best my acne had ever been... good luck

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 01/20/2019 9:21 am

edit. didn't realise this was an 2 year old thread.

people, including myself, should check post date before bumping and posting on very old threads.