Notifications
Clear all

Do I have Rosacea or acne marks? (Pictures included)

MemberMember
(@finerollie)

Posted : 06/29/2017 3:28 pm

My acne started when I turned 13, it was moderate and I would say really bad. When I turned 16 I went to a dermatologist (I am 18 now) and he gave me differin, clindagel, and minocycline at the time. I will say that I really did put too much of both products on my face and didn't wear sunscreen at all. It cleared my skin but left me with red cheeks, nose, and forehead, plus a really oily face. (The rest of my skin is fine, apart from the oiliness that is literally all over my skin) When I got off minocycline I started breaking out bad again so he gave me epiduo which made my face more red and more oily I feel like. My skin regimen at the moment is eucerin redness relief cleansing gel morning and night, the eucerin redness relief day lotion with spf during the day. My skin is break out free, the only thing that is really bothering me is the redness and oiliness. I started this regimen a month ago when I ditched epiduo and clindagel. What is this redness that is left? Is it rosacea? My grandmother and dad both have Rosacea so I feel like it could be that. I just don't understand how if it's acne, the redness is just on my cheeks nose and forehead. I only breakout around my mouth. Also, the pores where my forehead is red are huge, I can see them clearly when I get a little close to the mirror, there are so many. There are also blackheads on my nose which gets the greasiest. Also should mention that the sun or drinks don't make the redness worse, but I do blush/flush whatever it is easily. Is my skin just really dry? Any help is appreciated. 

Also, when I was a kid I got these red rashes behind both knees (where the skin touches if you fold your leg) that really remind me of the redness and bumpiness  on my cheeks.  thanks again! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/30/2017 8:01 pm

Take double dose vitamin E and 1-2 tablespoon flaxseed oil, take daily, its great for rosacea redness
try using cleanser and acne treatment once a day only, it might help with less oiliness
also take vitamin D3 daily, very important for clear skin

Also make green smoothies daily with greens,kale, dandelion,herbs, buttermilk, raw nuts,
do research, buy blender at bed and beyond, they have great small blenders

MemberMember
(@xquarter_wolfx)

Posted : 09/23/2017 10:17 pm

Nice ur rosacea ain't as bad as mine. And I have pre rosacea.