Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.R

Back Acne Scars, Need Advice (With Photos)

Hi,

I have had back acne since I was younger, since I was in high school. It calmed down but has gotten worse until i finally figured out what things were causing it. I have always been active with sports and weight lifting so I was taking various supplements like creatine and protein. Im surprised i didn't catch this years before, probably since it wasn't bad. I have finally halted the use of all supplements and my acne has been under control. I also found that things like tomatoes, bananas and sodas really contributed to my back acne as well. Now I'm left with scars and I have no idea where to start to make them fade or make them less noticeable.. I have provided pictures, one with and without flash. Any feedback is appreciated it.

Thanks.

IMG_0327.jpg
Without flash

IMG_0328.jpg
With flash

Hi, Yes often body builders have various things happen from things like steroids and supplements that make "backne"

These aren't scars though it's PIH - or Hyperpigmentation. I made a section the in faq under skin / PIE and PIH. Most likely a doctor will use a steriod cream, hydroquinone aka skin bleach or IPL / Vbeam Excel V lasers who target pigment Issues. You can also try acid peels like glycolic and see if they lighteni them, have someone apply it for you.  

I have made this basic guideline for the common questions we have here. I get overwhelmed with questions. I have put countless hours in the Scar FAQ answering most of your questions, read more there, if it's not covered in my FAQ you can PM me for clarification ...

* Icepicks = Get TCA Cross Done (yourself, instructions in the faq, med spa, derm, or aestititican).

* Boxcars - Surface Skin texture issues, large skin covered in scars (TCA spot peels on scarred areas and / or tca cross as well if they are tiny scars
(border of scar close together), microneedle with 1.5mm or above, many of us use the http://derminator.com here. Subcision if there are areas that can be brought to the surface (not to shallow - no filler used, suction if you wish).

* Rolling Scars - depressions / pits (Subcision with Nokor needle, Filler used when the swelling goes down Volbella, Beletero, or Restylane, for major (large areas of) fat loss scultra throughout the cheeks, with filler on top). TCA spot peels for the skin surface texture issues. Microneedling to stimulate collagen 1.5mm or above most of use use the http://derminator.com here.

* Large Areas of Fat Loss - See Rolling Scars above ^ (Sculptra / Subcision).

* Steriod / Cortisone Shot (Dent). Filler and Nokor Subcision.

* Average Treatment Plan - TCA Cross (Icepics) / spot peel (textural or surface scar issues), next month microneedle, repeat monthly treatments you alternate, ...peels have down time, do them as many times as you have time in a year, Many find tertinorin / retin a / isotrex / retinoid helpful from Ebay/Amazon/Pharmacy/Paula's Choice (This is used at night when your not healing from microneedling or peels).Subcision is also great for depressed spots.  

* Hyperpigmentation (red / brown marks or pigment color) is not a scar it's a wound from acne, energy, chemical treatments, and the sun, they are PIE or PIH, for complete list of lots of treatments see the FAQ>Skin Section >PIE/PIH 

* Darker skin types / ethnic skin can hyper pigment from procedures. Please use Vitamin C serum and Hydroquinone aka skin bleach 2 weeks before and again use after you healed from your procedure (when your healed) to avoid pigment issues. Hydrocortisone (mixed with moisturizer) is another option can be used for a 2 week period before thinning the skin. 

* What to use with microneedle, HA Serum (before and after), Hrs later Vitamin C serum, Retinoid/retin a/tretinorin/isotrex.

* Where to get peels, cross, microneedle, etc... done if you don't want to do them yourself: Derm, Med Spa, Aestitician, Full list of Dr.s we recommend in the FAQ.

* Product or General Skin Issue - Post for FREE on http://Realself.com , ask the doctors (99% of doctors will suggest laser, this should be your last option after you tried everything else, for many it either does nothing or makes them loose fat, $$$$, and has side effects) / search for treatments and https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/ (they are experts in skincare and products, tons of great info about products, topicals, even natural alternatives, peels, masks, creams, washes, treatments,  etc).

* Scars are never 1 procedure and done, for most it's a 2 year (plus) process of healing, and doing treatments. Makeup / Concealer (dermablend - any Dept store) can be put over the red marks. It's progressive. Do not expect perfect skin or you will be let down, the point is improving and seeing how you heal, it's a slow process.

* Many scar suffers are depressed and have low self esteem: please see a therapist, it's a hard journey to go through by yourself, in the USA we have a smart phone app called talkspace.

* How do I find out all the information about these procedures (Subcision, Microneedling, Acid Peels/TCA Cross, Filler, etc...): Goto my below signature and click faq or the top of the acne scar sub has the faq (1st post).

* Where is the FAQ - See Above ^