Notifications
Clear all

Zinc and fish oil supplements

MemberMember
(@whoppingpart)

Posted : 06/21/2017 2:14 am

After dealing with acne and hormonal cystic acne since I was 13 as a female it was extremely hard. I'd get made fun of if I didn't wear foundation or even if I did. Always felt as if people were staring at me and I did for so long gave me horrible anxiety and took a toll on my social life. Over the next 5 years I've tried every regimen I could get my hands on. Every scrub and mask and treatments. Nothing ever worked. Just recently I decided to try zinc after doing a lot of research. I also added fish oil because I heard good things as well. For the first month it was as if my acne was getting worse. But now after 2 months my face is cleared up for the most part! I still have a few tiny pimples here and there but nothing compared to what I'm used to and the best part, no cysts! If you have severe hormonal cystic acne you should give it a shot. Now I just do a basic clean and clear face wash morning and night and take my vitamins at night and every morning my face seems get more clear. Now I just have to deal with these horrible acne scars. If someone has a good method for that I'd love to hear it!

MemberMember
(@sezenci)

Posted : 08/05/2017 8:30 am

fish oil and zinc can decrease generation of cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 08/19/2017 10:08 pm

Try derma rolling for the acne scars. The rollers help create micro wounds and your skin's natural response to it is to repair that area and produce collagen. So if you have acne scars, they are filled in.

One good quality is with Banish, you can take a look here: https://www.banishacnescars.com/collections/all

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/08/2017 5:42 pm

I love Omega 3 fish oils too! I've noticed that taking probiotics also decreases the possibility of new acne forming.

I can agree with Skye too- dermarolling and a good vitamin C serum will diminish the hyperpigmentation and dark spots significantly.
I actually write more about it on my blog: [Link removed], including the specific ingredients to look for when you want to brighten these dark spots (i.e. vitamin C, niacinamide, etc.)

Remember to apply sunscreen every single day too of at least SPF 30! This will slow down melanin production that contributes to hyperpigmentation.