To old for accutane...

Notifications
Clear all

To old for accutane?

MemberMember
(@thp61)

Posted : 06/20/2017 6:35 am

I'm 56 with adult acne Derm wants me to start accutane at 56 is that safe for older adults?

MemberMember
(@athletic-man)

Posted : 06/22/2017 2:17 am

I'm just gonna be real here. You're asking an online community of (in general) non medically educated people if it is safe to take a drug that you're medically educated Dermatologist suggested? I would say probably yes, especially if all your blood work checks out and you're healthy enough.

Thp61 liked
MemberMember
(@thp61)

Posted : 06/22/2017 6:42 am

4 hours ago, Athletic Man said:

I'm just gonna be real here. You're asking an online community of (in general) non medically educated people if it is safe to take a drug that you're medically educated Dermatologist suggested? I would say probably yes, especially if all your blood work checks out and you're healthy enough.

Thank you for your reply. You are correct my wording and what I was looking for was not. I guess I was looking for someone at my age that has been thru this to give me some pointers on how to deal with the side effects... But again thank you for your help

MemberMember
(@angstymouse)

Posted : 06/22/2017 7:11 am

Trust your doc.

MemberMember
(@cindyvbl)

Posted : 06/22/2017 10:19 pm

I would also agree with the other response I am 44 and going to do it again. I am less than thrilled. I was doing ok on an antibiotic but after being on it for years - my body is used to it. So back comes the acne.

Thp61 liked
MemberMember
(@thp61)

Posted : 06/23/2017 9:12 am

10 hours ago, cindyvbl said:

I would also agree with the other response I am 44 and going to do it again. I am less than thrilled. I was doing ok on an antibiotic but after being on it for years - my body is used to it. So back comes the acne.

Very same for me

Very same for me I've been on antibiotics for years.and since I'm 56 it might get me out Far enough I don't have to worry about it anymore

MemberMember
(@rainbow-1974)

Posted : 08/15/2017 4:47 am

I'm 43 and about to start my first ever round of it. have done antibiotocs on and off over the years, but it keeps coming back. I too am hopeful that this will the last time I have to worry about my skin.

Thp61 liked