Do you think this is accutane worthy?

MemberMember
(@dean24)

Posted : 06/20/2017 6:18 am

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 06/22/2017 5:48 am

I genuinely think what is deemed "accutane worthy" really depends on the individual. Some people have mild and persistent acne that they take accutane for if it doesn't respond to anything else. You have what looks like mild-moderate acne to me, what have you tried so far to combat it?

MemberMember
(@dean24)

Posted : 06/23/2017 1:43 am

@Garrettryan
Thank you for replying!

Yeah I see what you mean about relative to each person, I've tried the conventional treatments such as antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, 3 step acne treatments, as many cleansers you can think of, and I've tried retinoid creams. The only reason I asked is because my derm has said accutane is going to probably be the next step but I'm hesitant on whether to follow it through due to side effects, however I am desperate to clear up my skin.

MemberMember
(@matt9719)

Posted : 06/23/2017 1:54 pm

I'm in the same boat mate - I've tried so many things it's been around 2 1/2 years now and I'm sick of it. I have similar to yourself mild/moderate acne and I'm unsure whether to consider acutane. Have you ever tried using basic tea tree oil?

MemberMember
(@dean24)

Posted : 06/23/2017 2:19 pm

@Matt9719Yeah man it sucks, I've been struggling for a long time too, yeah I've used tea tree oil before both a cleanser and it straight, help me moderately but really dried my skin out so I didn't like using it. I think accutane might be the way for me but I'll have to see.

MemberMember
(@matt9719)

Posted : 06/23/2017 2:37 pm

My brother used accutane and it really dried out his skin - I'm trying to avoid it if I can. I've started used Skinoren and cut out all artificial sugars. Hoping this will help cause I'm running out of ideas! Good luck tho pal

MemberMember
(@zerec)

Posted : 06/23/2017 9:28 pm

I believe low dose Accutane will do the same job without all these adverse effect though it might takes longer to complete.

MemberMember
(@mb99)

Posted : 06/24/2017 5:55 am

On 2017/06/23 at 8:43 AM, Dean24 said:
@Garrettryan
Thank you for replying!

Yeah I see what you mean about relative to each person, I've tried the conventional treatments such as antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, 3 step acne treatments, as many cleansers you can think of, and I've tried retinoid creams. The only reason I asked is because my derm has said accutane is going to probably be the next step but I'm hesitant on whether to follow it through due to side effects, however I am desperate to clear up my skin.

I would recommend Accutane
However, it is best speaking to your derm and also not focusing on anecdotal experience on these forums (specifically the negative anti-Accutane rants) I had similar acne to yours, maybe more inflamed, and accutane really gave me my confidence back. PM me if you wanna ask anything

MemberMember
(@dean24)

Posted : 06/24/2017 6:37 am

15 hours ago, Matt9719 said:

My brother used accutane and it really dried out his skin - I'm trying to avoid it if I can. I've started used Skinoren and cut out all artificial sugars. Hoping this will help cause I'm running out of ideas! Good luck tho pal

yeah i know dry skin can usually occur when taking accutane, that sounds good man, good luck with it and i hope you see positive results!