Notifications
Clear all

acne scabs and wounds: how do you heal them?

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 06/19/2017 10:39 pm

hey guys. something i struggle with a lot is acne scabbing and wounds. No matter if i pick at my skin or not, due to the thinness of just having come off accutane my skin scabs. My scabs aren't the tiny "hard" kind that flake away, they're more really thin layers of skin peeled away and is now bright red and dry (if i let it dry). since accutane did not work for me, i now get the same amount of breakouts but my skin is severely compromised in terms of how well it can heal...and I've had to face the fact that it doesn't heal well at all. these scabs/wounds take SO long to go away often recreating, becoming raw again, and starting the process over before they finally leave a nasty hyper pigmentation mark.

so far I've tried: nothing, aloe, neosporin, essential oils, calamine lotion, shea butter, coconut and emu oil, aquaphor, diaper rash cream, apple cider vinegar, and the list goes on.

currently i have three pretty nasty scabs. i have a concert coming up this sunday and i don't have anything before then so i can sit inside and "heal" without having to put on make up or anything. so any quick response would be SO appreciated since I'm in a time pinch, but how do you guys heal these things? right now, I've got some hydrocolloid bandages cut to size on them because I've heard and read so much about them. but i really need these embarrassing wounds gone or healed to the point where they are just discoloration that i can conceal. please leave your best remedies and fixes for picking/scabs/whatever I'm DESPERATE.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 06/20/2017 12:59 pm

please guys!!! i have until sunday to get them to a point they're atleast concealable and I'm really upset, its already tuesday

MemberMember
(@benroberto)

Posted : 06/21/2017 10:43 am

I know it's hard but you really do just need to leave ur face alone. I read so much shit on here and people put so many creams and antibiotics and god knows what else on there face and it just does not work. Trust the healing power of your body and allow it to do its job, no harm in trying to speed it up but every time I try to heal scabs with ointments or creams I just get more breakouts because your skin just needs to BREATHE, forget the creams.

I know it's hard and we've spoken so much about this but you cannot let this control ur life, you seriously need to stop messing with ur face. I put money on it if your too leave your face and them scabs you'll be surprised at.

Im 3 and a half months into accutane and still getting small breakouts unfortunately but I have a month left then whatever remains will be extracted or I may do an extra month depending on how it looks.

Just leave ur face alone, get some fresh air on ur skin and stop this obsessive behaviour!

The one thing I can thank accutane for is even if my breakouts don't clear it taught me to live again and let what will be will be. I've really just slowly got rid of that hatred and it's the most healing thing you'll ever do.

Thinking of you!!!!

Ae1976 liked
MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 06/21/2017 11:19 am

35 minutes ago, benroberto said:

I know it's hard but you really do just need to leave ur face alone. I read so much shit on here and people put so many creams and antibiotics and god knows what else on there face and it just does not work. Trust the healing power of your body and allow it to do its job, no harm in trying to speed it up but every time I try to heal scabs with ointments or creams I just get more breakouts because your skin just needs to BREATHE, forget the creams.

I know it's hard and we've spoken so much about this but you cannot let this control ur life, you seriously need to stop messing with ur face. I put money on it if your too leave your face and them scabs you'll be surprised at.

Im 3 and a half months into accutane and still getting small breakouts unfortunately but I have a month left then whatever remains will be extracted or I may do an extra month depending on how it looks.

Just leave ur face alone, get some fresh air on ur skin and stop this obsessive behaviour!

The one thing I can thank accutane for is even if my breakouts don't clear it taught me to live again and let what will be will be. I've really just slowly got rid of that hatred and it's the most healing thing you'll ever do.

Thinking of you!!!!

thank you ben! hope all is well, you're really an inspiration. thinking of you xxx