Anyone else experie...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone else experiencing this?

MemberMember
(@netrice)

Posted : 06/16/2017 8:57 am

I just started using the acne regimen and it is almost the end of week two. I have been experiencing some flakin of the skin. I only use a dime amount of bp on my skin twice a day because it was too harsh for my skin. I have noticed that my skin is becoming flakey around my nose eyebrow area and around my mouth. I have a bunch of tiny whiteheads on my nose chin forehead and a little on my cheeks. Since i been using the regimen it seem like the products are makin the whiteheads showeven more like they are coming out and just sitting on my face. When i touch them they just fall off. Is this normal? Does that mean its working like its supppse to? I feel like the mositurizer is making my face more oily than it already is and clogging my pores.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/20/2017 10:55 am

All these are normal reactions to the treatment. In a few more weeks you can begin managing flakes with AHA+. This gives you a mild chemical peel and is great for sloughing off dead skin layers. You can add a little to your moisturizer a few times a week...some use daily in their moisturizer, depending on their skin needs and tolerance level. Wait till week 4 before using.

The treatment can also bring whiteheads to the surface for some users, and that's great if this happens, this is what you want to have happen, as opposed to dealing with congested skin. Some need extra help from a retinoid to purge whiteheads.

Some users do find Dan's moisturizer a little heavy for day use, and especially if incorporating jojoba oil, it can be a bit oily, but very important for keeping skin from getting too dry from the BP treatment. Dan's moisturizer and all his products are noncomedogenic, so won't clog pores. He uses these products himself. If you'd prefer something lighter for daytime, consider trying CeraVe or Cetaphil, all trusted brands and some users prefer these depending on their unique skin needs.

Hope I've been helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@netrice)

Posted : 06/21/2017 2:52 am

Thanks for responding. Im in week three and i have been using the bp twice a day now only using a quarter size amount. Im having itching irritation around my mouth and right around the bottom of my nose. It seems to last all day. Is there anything i can use to get relief?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@netrice)

Posted : 06/21/2017 3:32 am

I have tried using cetaphil as a mositurizer but i found it burned non stop after applying it. It was worst than the regimen moisturizer i had to put shea butter on the areas to calm it. Also is shea butter good to use as a mositurizer or to soothe the side effects of the bp? I dnt want shea butter to clog my pores?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/23/2017 10:35 am

If the skin is getting raw, you could try a little Vaseline. It's heavy and yucky-feeling but noncomedogenic. I kid you not! And delivers on its promise to heal and protect. 

Mild irritation like this will eventually subside and go away completely with continued use. Patience is key! :)