Notifications
Clear all

What resolved my acne 🙂

MemberMember
(@mcpeekj)

Posted : 06/15/2017 4:04 pm

During my many years struggling with mild cystic acne and after seeing many different Dermatologists, who put me on many different medications (including Accutane), I discovered that I must be the one to resolve my acne. If I was ever going to manage my acne, I must be proactive and study my skin in order to understand my acne disease process. So I began reading all I could about the skin and what role it plays with the body. Then I systematically examined my skin, trying to figure out what was causing my acne. The most important thing I found out is that skin is an excretory organ, helping manage the bodily wastes and toxins, like the digestive system and lymphatic system. As a result, I modified my life and it had a profound impact on my acne. Here's what I did--

• Regular bowel movements, everyday or every other day. If I was constipated I'd have a cup of Smoothmove Herbal tea. Worked way better than laxatives and stool softeners.
  • Sweat a few times a week--I hate exercising, so I only run until I get a good sweat going to clear my pores (about 10 min), then I stop.
  • Strictly limit alcohol(not eliminate). Plain Vodka with soda water is that only thing that wont break me out.
  • No dairy, it has added hormones--I use unsweetened coconut milk instead.
  • Eat healthy--Limit (not eliminate) fried and processed foods. Eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies.
  • Strictly limit artificial sugar (not eliminate). This was the hardest for me, because I love sweets--but I love clear skin more. So if I need something sweet I either have a piece of fruit or a bowl ofbran cereal with some blueberries or raspberries.
  • Drink lots of water and Green Tea. Also, hot water with lemon too.
  • One over-the-counterZinc tablet every other day.
  • Have a generalized skin care routine with a non-alcohol toner.
    • In the AM I use First Aid Beauty Cleanser $20, Seaweed Cleansing Lotion Toner $15, and Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer $40.
    • In the PM I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanserwith 3.5% benzoyl peroxide $10, Seaweed Cleaning Lotion toner,Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer, and a generic salicylicacid moisturizer overthe Clinique moisturizer.
    • Every three days in the PM, I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Clay Mask to deep clean my pores, which replaces the Neutrogena Cleanser (I don't want to overdo it and irritate my skin).
  • The makeup that works best for me and doesn't break me out is Clinique's Superprimer $27 with Beyond Perfecting Foundation $27. No setting sprays, bronzer, setting powder, etc. The less on my face the better.
  • I use damp disposable makeup wedges, not a Beauty Blender or a brush.
  • To remove my makeup, I use Clinique's makeup wipes $15, which I find are gentler on my skin than other brands.

What I really want to express is that diet and exercise really impacted my mild cystic acne. It was the game changer. My skin care routine has pretty much stayed the same prior to my lifestyle modification. Once I started to do everything on the list my skin cleared up within 2 weeks and I haven't had any new cysts. I occasionally get a white head, but its gone after 2 days, unlike the cysts which would last for 2 weeks. Staying true to everything on the list is still difficult, but having clear skin makes it sooooo worth it. I hope this helps. Now, you must decide to what lengths would you go for clear skin?

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and my experience shouldn't replace what your doctor said. I also never said my acne was "cured" only "resolved". I still get the occasional small zit. I'm only sharing what worked for me and it might be different for you.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/19/2017 12:44 am

Thanks for sharing your healing process!
i would do clay mask only once a week, cause it's pulls out all the moisture from skin, I once did clay mask every day, my skin turn very dull and irritated
yes daily bowel movement is extremely important to have clear skin
a lot of times people have ugly cysts is just because their body system gettoxicated from not getting rid of waste, it gets absorbed to blood and shows on skin
that's why it's super important to eat soups daily and drink buttermilk/kefir or Greek yogurt