Notifications
Clear all

how to be confident?

MemberMember
(@ash1140)

Posted : 06/12/2017 11:54 pm

hey so I'm new here and have had severe hormonal acne for the past 6 months. About 2 months ago I tried going on birth control and it really helped smooth out my skin and I hardly ever get break outs anymore but my face is covered in dark marks from past pimples. even with my skin doing 10x better, whenever I get a pimple I totally freak and feel ugly and start letting my skin consume my every thought, mostly because I'm scared my skin will go back to being awful. I just need some advice on how to be confident with skin that u hate? I just wish I had flawless skin and never had to worry about acne. And I know nobody is perfect but I already have so much going on in my life so worrying about my skin is just more weight on my shoulders and I feel like I'm not good enough for anyone and I could really just use some advice on feeling confident and happy bc I feel so ugly

triolink liked
MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/15/2017 3:05 pm

Organic dairy and meat makes huge! Huge difference!!
raw eating cures any skin issues!! Start eating more fruits and vegetables!
when you stop hormonal pills start drinking herbal teas, they balance hormones and prevent future acne
red raspberry, nettle, burdock, milk thistle, honeybrush
drink 30 min before meal for better results, avoid taking any drugs same time
apply buttermilk every 2 days for scars heal
drink buttermilk/kefir daily, good for gut flora
get rid of magnifying mirror if you have one

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 06/20/2017 9:22 pm

Confidence comes with practice and it's more a state of mind than state of your skin. I have seen people with really bad skin with killer confidence and people with great skin with zero confidence. It's all in the mind

1. Stop letting your confidence depend on the state of your skin
2. Go out with shoulders back and smile at people.

Of course you will have set backs but get out there and start living your life.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 06/28/2017 2:39 am

I know that it would be easier said than done but don't think about it too much. They say that happiness is a choice. Be with people who do not judge you for how you look. They are called true friends (hard to find these days!lol).

Confidence will start with yourself. Love and accept yourself before you share that love with others. Don't ask for anything else in return. Do things that would make you happy, maybe something like an outreach work or helping those in need. It is in both of your struggles and weaknesses that you will find strength and joy in others.

I think it is human nature that we want to be needed by other people. Share yourself with them, it could make you feel satisfied that you were able to fulfill their needs. Maybe that could be your first step. :)

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 06/28/2017 3:25 am

Same