Notifications
Clear all

Washing With Water Only And No Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 06/12/2017 10:22 am

I started this 'regime' on Saturday.
It's now Monday and I have a fair few white heads and pimples and some even in places where I never usually would breakout.

Is this normal? Or could it be a sign that I'm irritating my skin by only washing with water and not moisturizing at all?

I've literally tried everything (I know people say that but I really have) - I'm 34 and been plying my skin with all kinds since the age of 17/18 so I felt it was time to try going the route of using absolutely nothing.

I'm just worried I might make things worse for myself. Anyone have any experience of this (good or bad)? I've read some reviews on here but I'm not really sure if your skin is supposed to get worse before it gets better.

MemberMember
(@spicyotter)

Posted : 06/14/2017 8:47 pm

I have tried using nothing but water before, for a few weeks, and it didn't help me at all. It made my skin worse. The way I look at it is my skin started getting acne when I didn't have a face routine, so why would getting rid of a face routine help if the acne started that way? It's a personal decision to keep trying it, but I personally won't try it again. I feel like using some natural washes and moisturizers would be a safer bet than nothing at all, but if you really have tried everything, do what you gotta do.

MemberMember
(@wakeupnmakeup)

Posted : 06/14/2017 11:30 pm

Hi, this wont help with your breakouts.

Even though your skin is oily, you still need to moisturise (light water based moisturiser). I had acne for years until I started using Nucerity.

It literally has taken my acne away and not only helps with breakouts, but diminishes scarring. Best products I have ever used.

MemberMember
(@mrgunner3)

Posted : 12/07/2018 7:32 am

Terrible. I done this. my skin just broke out like a motherfuka. White heads everywhere. face itchy. I moisturised. just terrible. If this works for you it's most likely the products you were using was to much. e.g PH Level extremely acidic....

MemberMember
(@justdry)

Posted : 12/07/2018 8:10 am

Don't do this - I ended up doing this for 5 years and now my skin is practically unlivable - it became so dry that scales developed and now I have no moisture retention in my skin at all - I'm now 31 and have fine lines and wrinkles everywhere. I also can no longer sweat from my face since doing this for so long.