Notifications
Clear all

Scar or Hyper pigmentation? PLEASE HELP

MemberMember
(@smartapology)

Posted : 06/06/2017 5:35 pm

I don't have horrible acne, I get the occasional pimple here and there. I got this one about 4 months ago and It hasn't gone away! It is dead center in the middle of my cheek and it is so red. I can't really tell if it is a scar (hypertrophic) or hyperpigmentation? It's not completely flat but it is not bumpy like a pimple as well. I thought I would ask this forum before going to a dermatologist.
IMG_4123.JPG
I am so close to getting my dream of clear skin, if i can just get rid of it. I've been on the  acne.org regimen for about a month now and I haven't really seen improvement on regards to that one area (on the rest of my face I have), I've recently started using the AHA treatment as well, for about 2 weeks now, but it still doesn't seem to be fading.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone on their journey!  

IMG_4125.JPGIMG_4121.JPG

MemberMember
(@chillbianx)

Posted : 06/09/2017 8:13 am

Hi, you have hypotrophic scars just like me. It takes time to flatten out, and it will turn into a brown spot just like any other pimple. I advise you dont touch it, and you should wait 2-3 months to see if a new product is effective! Just give it time. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@smartapology)

Posted : 06/12/2017 7:18 am

On 6/9/2017 at 9:13 AM, chillbianx said:

Hi, you have hypotrophic scars just like me. It takes time to flatten out, and it will turn into a brown spot just like any other pimple. I advise you dont touch it, and you should wait 2-3 months to see if a new product is effective! Just give it time. Good luck!

Are there any specific products that you recommend? I've been using AHA by Acne.org but it hasn't really seem to be doing much. And will it just go away on its own or are there any treatments I can do to fasten the process? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@chillbianx)

Posted : 06/13/2017 8:06 am

On 6/12/2017 at 8:18 PM, SmartApology said:

Are there any specific products that you recommend? I've been using AHA by Acne.org but it hasn't really seem to be doing much. And will it just go away on its own or are there any treatments I can do to fasten the process? Thank you!

AHA's need time to work on your skin. Like i said you should wait 2-3 months to make sure that the product really works. I might say patience and time are the things i wanted to reccommend for you. :) both the treatments and time will heal these scars. 

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 06/14/2017 2:55 am

You also need to be consistent when using a skin care product.

You won't see results if you don't use it on a regular prescribed basis. Might be a lot of work but you need to do it to heal and to really see if it works for your skin or not.