Notifications
Clear all

Perioral Dermatitis and an acne history

MemberMember
(@radar98)

Posted : 06/06/2017 5:01 pm

Hi all,

I have always believed in sharing experiences so I thought I would share my current saga.

For a bit of history, I had cystic acne a few years ago after having acne ever since I was about 12. I was around 20 when I went on accutane and it really worked wonders for me. Ever since then I had been using a consistent routine of epiduo, salicylic acid, physohex and moisturising. My skin was perfect for a few years.

However, 5 months ago I developed perioral dermatitis to which a course of doxy was my only savour. During that time i stopped using my facial medication and I was again no longer self conscious. However, once I came off of the doxy i of course started using all my products again and bam. It was back but this time as a red rash as diagnosed by my dermo under my eyes extending to the tops of my cheeks. The right side is worse then the left.

I really do believe I have damaged my skin barrier and therefore caused this. It's terrible how self conscious a red rash sprawled across our face makes you feel. I am back on doxy for the anti-inflammatory action as it was successful for me previously. Hopefully this will settle u own and help to make it go away while I repair my skin. After which I will only ever be using qv gentle face wash and aveene tolerance moisturiser.

If anyone as had something similar share your story :)

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/07/2017 5:14 pm

Try applying acne treatment every other day for better results