Notifications
Clear all

Inexplicable Frustrating Adult Acne/Oily Skin After Moving to New Country--Help!

MemberMember
(@certainbluelobster)

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:36 pm

Background: When I was 17-19 I had severe cystic acne. I never had a lot of cysts, but I always had at least one nearly the size of a quarter. My dermatologist put me on Accutane for 4 months, and it completely cleared up. After Accutane I used tretinoin every night before bed and Aquaphor moisturizer every morning, and my skin has been perfect. I'm now 27.

Three months ago I moved to Spain from the US and something inexplicable has started happening to my skin. First I started getting small red bumps and pustules on my chin. I've begun getting more and more and they've started spreading to other parts of my face too. My skin has gotten incredibly oily too, perhaps even worse than when I was a teenager. A dermatologist here told me to stop the tretinoin and Aquaphor and that it was sun damage. She gave me a sunscreen as well. Well it's been a few weeks and it just keeps getting worse. Despite being oily my skin also feels dry and I even have a dry cracked area on my chin that won't heal.

It makes no sense, and I feel so frustrated and helpless. Does anyone have any insight or advice? Thank you!!

IMG_1103[1].JPG

IMG_1104[1].JPG

IMG_1105[1].JPG

MemberMember
(@jbmaz)

Posted : 06/06/2017 9:03 pm

Well, I think two questions need to be asked here.

Question 1. Has your diet changed?

and

Question 2. Were you from a colder US state, with less sunlight and are being exposed to significantly more in Spain?

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/07/2017 2:01 pm

take inside double dose vitamin E, helps with dry skin
try washing face with raw honey
always finish with cold water
try applying on spots lavender essential oil
raw eating cures any skin disease! start eating more fruits and vegetables!
also take vitamin D3, it might help you a lot too