Notifications
Clear all

Tca possible burn

MemberMember
(@lizcruzz)

Posted : 06/05/2017 7:15 pm

Tca 50% I just did a big patch on the side of my face, I suffered from every type of acne scar u can thing about but the ones that bother me the most are the ice pick scars soo since I've tried everything & ive spend thousand & thousand of dollars & nothing has seemed to impress me, I decided to use tca 50% but now I might of gotten a little too excited & maybe left it on for too much or maybe it was too strong. Did the tca 50% about 2-3 days ago & these are the results! Any comments ? I haven't started peeling yet, but I am scared I've one too far. What u y'all think??? 

IMG_1089.JPG

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 06/06/2017 12:22 pm

When you do TCA cross, you put the acid in the scars individually, not on a whole patch of skin.
50% TCA might give you some nasty burn scar. This is pretty serious. You have to go to a dermatologist for proper care to minimise the damage.
In the meantime, keep the wound moist with vaseline.

MemberMember
(@lizcruzz)

Posted : 06/07/2017 2:25 pm

Thanks

MemberMember
(@lizcruzz)

Posted : 06/09/2017 3:21 pm

Update pictures! 1 week & 2 days later IMG_1152.JPGIMG_1156.JPGIMG_1155.JPG

MemberMember
(@brad22)

Posted : 06/10/2017 2:19 pm

Have you been seen by a doctor yet?

MemberMember
(@lizcruzz)

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:36 pm

Nope it didn't leave scar But still a little pinkinsh but I will update more pictures later! Looksgood!!!

MemberMember
(@lizcruzz)

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:58 pm

IMG_1168.JPG

MemberMember
(@a7eg)

Posted : 08/31/2018 1:09 pm

On 6/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, Lizcruzz said:

On 6/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, Lizcruzz said:

IMG_1168.JPG

hi I need ur help I did tca50% on my hand now purple dark and painful Iam so sad I cried this is the 3 day plz what I have to do need ur replying 

MemberMember
(@a7eg)

Posted : 08/31/2018 1:41 pm

Ok

MemberMember
(@ineedhelp2367)

Posted : 05/09/2019 2:12 pm

Hi. So what finally helped you? Mine is getting worse.

Hi. So what did you finally do? Mine is getting worse. I'm really worried. I hope you do reply. Did you go to a doctor or used some cream?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/10/2019 9:55 am

@Ineedhelp2367 Hi and thanks for posting, this post is very old but I will help you. In the main scar treatments sub, there is a mega post on chemical peels pinned on top there, find that. We have had this many times. Find more info there. If you feel you have a emergency goto the nearest urgent care clinic and they can help you, or make a appt for your dermatologist. This is a chemical burn. As Such there is not much we can do. Use Aloe Vera just like any other burn you might get. Keep it moist with constant vaseline or any burn cream from first aid section of the pharmacy. Use a physical zinc sunscreen if you go outside!! Do not pick it or use harsh exfoliation on the new skin. Take a asprin or anti inflammatory if you so wish. The area will be red for some time several weeks, this is normal, and you need time for it to heal. 

Please note I am not affiliated with the image below, it's just for general reference. 

Home Remedies for Minor Burns | Top 10 Home Remedies

MemberMember
(@ineedhelp2367)

Posted : 05/10/2019 10:48 am

@beautifulambitionThanks a lot for replying. I did book an appointment with the dermatologist because it's getting really worse. I'm getting really worried now. It seems like the peeling has started way before it was supposed to. I'm really really worried and I have no idea what to do till then. 

Screenshot_2019-05-10-00-37-52-703_com.miui.gallery.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/11/2019 10:34 am

@Ineedhelp2367Can we please not resurrect extremely old posts with people who do not post anymore.

Your skin looks normal after you used high % chemical peels and got a burn, perhaps you have a infection as the bumps look bad, get some triple antibiotic cream from the first age section of the pharmacy. Why is this dry, ... should be gobs of vaseline on it or the triple I mentioned. Your going to have to deal with lengthy healing and redness, ... infections area problem though, see urgent care if you have pain, a fever, or swelling.This is how any burn heals. It must be kept moist.

There are burn products in pharmacies as well if you wish to try that. It's going to take patience, this will not be quick, burns are slow to heal like any wound. I gave you some more tips above. No one else here is a emergency room or urgent care center nor can they do anything else. I do hope you heal well. Please see a Dr.