Starting week 5 and...

Notifications
Clear all

Starting week 5 and breaking out bad, please tell me it gets better

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 06/04/2017 6:45 pm

I'm starting week 5 of the regimen and despite working my way up to full dosage, my skin is flaky, red and really broken out. Just when I thought things were looking up I suddenly have several new pimples everywhere. I tried jojoba oil for flakes but I ended up with a few hard painful pimples, and I made sure it was completely organic and cold pressed. I'll admit I pop my pimples sometimes but I'm trying my best not to. I wear makeup and it looks awful but it's better than going out bare faced, I don't have the courage for that. I'm sick of people staring at my skin when they talk to me, I'm sick of obsessing in the mirror, I'm sick of crying and avoiding everything in my life. Please tell me it gets better, I can't handle this anymore, I'm trying so hard and NOTHING is giving. I don't know what I'll do if this doesn't work, I just feel so hopeless, like I'll never be free of this. This has taken all my confidence away, I'm just not the same anymore, i can barely recognise myself.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/05/2017 7:02 pm

Take Inside double dose vitamin E and 1-2 tablespoon flaxseed oil daily
its the best cure from dry skin! It's important to take both of them!
try lavender essential oil on pimples!
wash face with raw honey in the morning
drink buttermilk/kefir daily (good for gut flora
Try Weleda face moisturizer
organic dairy and meat makes a huge difference!

T1901 liked
MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 06/08/2017 8:59 am

I know exactly how you feel. I was in your predicament two months ago! My skin went through the cycle of clearing then breaking out for weeks and weeks and it was so frustrating. I also broke out using jojoba oil so I had to stop. In the end the stress caused my breakouts to flare up even more so I had to learn to stop looking in the mirror and fussing over or picking at my skin. I know it's tough but try to stick with it and don't pick or touch your skin! Good luck

DeLovely and T1901 liked
MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 06/09/2017 3:40 am

On 2017-6-6 at 10:02 AM, AhaGuru said:

Take Inside double dose vitamin E and 1-2 tablespoon flaxseed oil daily
its the best cure from dry skin!  It's important to take both of them!
try lavender essential oil on pimples!
wash face with raw honey in the morning
drink buttermilk/kefir daily (good for gut flora
Try Weleda face moisturizer 
organic dairy and meat makes a huge difference!

I will try that, my skin is terribly flaky. Thank you for your suggestions, I don't eat meat or dairy anyway. :)

18 hours ago, Liv said:

I know exactly how you feel. I was in your predicament two months ago! My skin went through the cycle of clearing then breaking out for weeks and weeks and it was so frustrating. I also broke out using jojoba oil so I had to stop. In the end the stress caused my breakouts to flare up even more so I had to learn to stop looking in the mirror and fussing over or picking at my skin. I know it's tough but try to stick with it and don't pick or touch your skin! Good luck 

It's also the texture of my skin; did yours look really parched, blotchy and scaly? I'm trying my best not to pick or analyse in the mirror anymore. Thank you! 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 06/10/2017 8:24 am

Yes my skin was very dry, flaky...I found that using a toner (I use Sukin micellar water) really helped to reduce the flakiness and as a result my breakouts slowed down immensely...I also think the flaky skin clogs your pores and causes more pimples, as soon as I was able to get that under control my breakouts pretty much stopped. Anyways hang in there!!

T1901 liked
MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 06/30/2017 7:44 pm

On 2017-6-10 at 11:24 PM, Liv said:

Yes my skin was very dry, flaky...I found that using a toner (I use Sukin micellar water) really helped to reduce the flakiness and as a result my breakouts slowed down immensely...I also think the flaky skin clogs your pores and causes more pimples, as soon as I was able to get that under control my breakouts pretty much stopped. Anyways hang in there!!

I've actually started using garnier micellar water for makeup removal and that, along with GENTLY lathering up a face cloth and lightly using circular motions over my face has helped. Still a bit flakey and super itchy but I think it's getting better and smoother despite the breakouts, approaching week 9 now.

Liv liked