Notifications
Clear all

Can i take accutane

MemberMember
(@starlight-v)

Posted : 06/03/2017 12:21 pm

Alright so, first of all, I'm sorry I don't really know how to use this website as this is my first time. I'm a 16 years old girl and I've had problematic skin since as long as I remember, I have oily skin but it can get dry sometimes and it's also slightly sensitive. I don't have cystic acne tbh but I do get a few white pimples now and then, it's really hard to describewhat's going on with my skin but on my body, it is much worst I have pimples everywhere on my back all over, on my arms, on my thighs and chest. I went to the dermatologist today and he suggested I take Roaccutane.I want to have clear skin but I'm not sure if my skin is bad enough to use such a harsh drug. Keep in mind I have tried everything to get rid of my acne and other skin problems but none seem to work and my body acne is just getting worst.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/04/2017 3:15 pm

Avoid scrubs, exfoliating gloves, and brushes (they spread acne all over body)
start drinking herbal teas, they heal and prevent future acne
honeybrush, red raspberry leaf, nettle, milk thistle, burdock, calendula
drink on emty stomach 30 min before meal
avoid using them with other drugs
take probiotics or drink buttermilk/kefir daily
take vitamins especially made for skin
take blood test for vitamins/ minerals deficiency

For dry skin take inside
vitamin E and 1-2 tablespoon flaxseed oil
it really cures dry skin if you take both of them
eat raw only, either breakfast, lunch, or dinner
raw eating cures acne by 95%

MemberMember
(@ribosome)

Posted : 06/05/2017 11:46 am

Hello :) With the scientific background that I have I don't think the products suggested by AhaGuru can be effective for your kind of acne, that seems moderate/severe because widespread. You say that you have problematic skin since as long you can remember. That seems pretty hormonal to me. If I were you, I would have my doctor test me for PCOS. You said that you've tried anything for your skin to get better. Did you try any oral contraceptives ?

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/05/2017 12:24 pm

38 minutes ago, Ribosome said:

Hello :) With the scientific background that I have I don't think the products suggested by AhaGuru can be effective for your kind of acne, that seems moderate/severe because widespread. You say that you have problematic skin since as long you can remember. That seems pretty hormonal to me. If I were you, I would have my doctor test me for PCOS. You said that you've tried anything for your skin to get better. Did you try any oral contraceptives ?

Shame on you for having scientific background and be SO Careless!!!
Have you tried any of the suggestions???!!!
if you are So lazy to do research of Why I suggested that advice you would change have your Mind!
have you read what that oral contraceptives side effects??!!!

MemberMember
(@ribosome)

Posted : 06/05/2017 1:51 pm

Question 1: What is the link between scientific background and the fact of beeing careless ? Where is the carelessness in my post ?
Question 2 and 3: What are the vitamins especially made for skin ? In the composition of those vitamins, what make those good for skin especially ? How do they act ? On wich molecules and cells in the skin do they have an impact ? What are your references ? Is there a scientific approach on those studies ? Is this approach objective at 100%. Is it reliable ? Is those studies made by nutritionnist, dermatologist, pharmacist, people who havea ph.d related to this field ?
Question 4: Yeah, actually, I'm studying to become a pharmacist. Before that, I did two years of biochemistry at the uni and a year of nutrition. So I know what I'm talking about, and I also know that it can be a real struggle for people who doesn't have a scientific background to make the difference between a good scientific article who can be trust and a bull**** one !

If those things work for you, great ! The thing is that it won't for most people. But it's your opinion and it's ok. I respect your opinion. Mine is that I don't trustnatural remedies so much because their effectivess hasn't been proven scientifically.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/05/2017 2:31 pm

38 minutes ago, Ribosome said:

Question 1: What is the link between scientific background and the fact of beeing careless ? Where is the carelessness in my post ?
Question 2 and 3: What are the vitamins especially made for skin ? In the composition of those vitamins, what make those good for skin especially ? How do they act ? On wich molecules and cells in the skin do they have an impact ? What are your references ? Is there a scientific approach on those studies ? Is this approach objective at 100%. Is it reliable ? Is those studies made by nutritionnist, dermatologist, pharmacist, people who havea ph.d related to this field ?
Question 4: Yeah, actually, I'm studying to become a pharmacist. Before that, I did two years of biochemistry at the uni and a year of nutrition. So I know what I'm talking about, and I also know that it can be a real struggle for people who doesn't have a scientific background to make the difference between a good scientific article who can be trust and a bull**** one !

If those things work for you, great ! The thing is that it won't for most people. But it's your opinion and it's ok. I respect your opinion. Mine is that I don't trustnatural remedies so much because their effectivess hasn't been proven scientifically.

Well with your scientific background and Research you should be acne Free!:)

MemberMember
(@ribosome)

Posted : 06/05/2017 2:50 pm

13 minutes ago, AhaGuru said:
53 minutes ago, Ribosome said:

Question 2 and 3: What are the vitamins especially made for skin ? In the composition of those vitamins, what make those good for skin especially ? How do they act ? On wich molecules and cells in the skin do they have an impact ?  What are your references ? Is there a scientific approach on those studies ? Is this approach objective at 100%. Is it reliable ? Is those studies made by nutritionnist, dermatologist, pharmacist, people who have a ph.d related to this field ? 

If those things work for you, great ! The thing is that it won't for most people. But it's your opinion and it's ok. I respect your opinion. Mine is that I don't trust natural remedies so much because their effectivess hasn't been proven scientifically.

Well with your scientific background and Research you should be acne Free!:)

Hahaha it would the greatest thing ! :D I'm taking the contraceptive again so it should help. And you know what ? I think you said something right, I didn't try any of your idea, so I'm gonna try one. One of mine and one of yours. If diaries cause acne, how long should I stop to see results on my skin in your opinion ? 

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/05/2017 3:41 pm

regular dairy and meat cause acne
do organic only for 4 months and see if it makes a difference!:)

MemberMember
(@ribosome)

Posted : 06/05/2017 4:21 pm

Yeah... I am a vegetarian but I'll try to cut diairies and I'll see ! :)