Notifications
Clear all

Help with Acne Scarring and PIH/PIE. Would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@joyfulfriend)

Posted : 06/01/2017 4:31 pm

Hello,
Within the last couple of months I've gained interest in finally getting my acne
scars fixed. At the same time, I am scared of getting the wrong treatment
which is why I plan to schedule an appointment with a board certified dermatologist. Even then I am aware that
unwanted side effects are always possible even under professional examination.
That being said, I would like some additional feedback as far as what treatments some members/administrators
of this forum would advise me to look into judging from the pictures I have provided.
I'm just trying to get as informed as possible and to have various opinions before I make any decisions.

On a side note I've been using sunscreen daily and retin-a cream form 0.025% for about 2 months now with minimal improvement and newer scarring.
My concerns at the moment are the flat and pitted red marks, some of which I've had for a very long time now (5 months - 3 years+)
I am not sure what treatment would be deemed best because I don't even know if they're erythmatic meaning open blood vessels
that should disappear when pressed (not all of them do)
If they were to be erythmatic, can there be an exception to the rule of them not disappearing upon pressing?
I've been considering V-beam and IPL's but input into the other types of scars that I have would be appreciated.
Thank you so much in advance.

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4921.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5059.JPG

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/02/2017 6:40 pm

Try applying lavender essential oil on those spots
try using acne treatment every other day, they'll work better
use face cleanser at night only
always finish washing face with cold water
try microneedling for scars at laser or medical office
apply buttermilk all over face, for 15 min, do every 2 days, it's very gentle bleach

Drink herbal teas daily, they heal and prevent future acne
honeybrush, milk thistle, burdock, nettle, mint, lavender, sage
avoid using with other drugs
avoid scrubs, and brushes on face,they spread acne all over face

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/03/2017 9:29 am

Lavender essential oil could burn your face, and tea tree oil ^ This is such bad advice. I do herbals and vitamins / naturapathic and these will do Nada. Scars are permanent skin disfigurements that can be lightened or made to be into a better appearance to blend in with the skin, why do you think Indians who took all those things still had scars all over their bodies.

Yes I would do a series ( 6 ) of Vbeam, Excel V or IPL treatments. You should see slight lightening within a few so you know your going the right direction. If one device does not work, they may have to try another as it could be a deeper issue. I would also use Vitamin C serum with a microneedle and hydroquinone aka skin bleach to lighten things before and after you laser treatments. I would potentially bump up your retin A to .5% I see a http://derminator.com helping you and HA serum. Find a lightening serum possibly as well.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/03/2017 11:34 pm

14 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Lavender essential oil could burn your face, and tea tree oil ^ This is such bad advice. I do herbals and vitamins / naturapathic and these will do Nada. Scars are permanent skin disfigurements that can be lightened or made to be into a better appearance to blend in with the skin, why do you think Indians who took all those things still had scars all over their bodies.

Yes I would do a series ( 6 ) of Vbeam, Excel V or IPL treatments. You should see slight lightening within a few so you know your going the right direction. If one device does not work, they may have to try another as it could be a deeper issue. I would also use Vitamin C serum with a microneedle and hydroquinone aka skin bleach to lighten things before and after you laser treatments. I would potentially bump up your retin A to .5% I see a http://derminator.com helping you and HA serum. Find a lightening serum possibly as well.

laser burns even more
like any oil it doesn't burn! it dries out!
that's why you put oil only on spots!
there a lot more of people who ruin their skin by doing laser

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 06/04/2017 5:29 pm

Microneedling is a great option for people with deep or shallow scarring. It's a bit pricey, but the results are significant. Also, microneedling cannot be performed on active acne. Honey or aloe Vera are good natural options. If you want something more aggressive I would suggest finding a target solution that contains glycolic acid, vitamin C, and possibly retinol, depending on your current Regimen. Don't give up hope and paticience, our skin is constantly repairing itself at the subcutaneous level even when we aren't seeing the results on the surface. Time heals all wounds. Good luck!