Notifications
Clear all

Update on my scars

MemberMember
(@unhappy29)

Posted : 06/01/2017 2:32 pm

Hi guys, 

for now I did 2 dermaroller treatments without any change. I don't know what to.do next. My derm suggest Tca peel but I am thinking about phenol peel or fraxel. What do you think?

20170601_202836.jpg

MemberMember
(@user606822)

Posted : 06/01/2017 2:51 pm

scars dont look very bad at all, I've heard fraxel has almost a 90% improvement.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/02/2017 3:20 am

Dermaroller takes time. It's impossible to get rid of scars after 2 sessions.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 06/02/2017 3:32 am

Your skin looks good, from what I can see you might have a couple of enlarged pores and some pigmentation from past acne which should fade on its own, it can linger around for a while. IPL and VBeam are better options for discoloration. You can get a derminator (http://derminator.com) and needle yourself, this would pay for itself after 1-2 treatments assuming you are paying for the dermaroller treatments at a clinic/spa/etc.
It will take time and a series of self administered treatments. You needle, let your body heal, then needle again. Results are not immediate.

Do not do a phenol peel or fraxel treatment. This will very likely make whatever you are dealing with worse and I don't think your skin justifies either, those should be reserved for much more significant scarring. You can go to realself and read up on people that have had laser treatments done and regret it, you do not want to be one of those cases, especially if this is the extent of your scarring.

u1971 and Binga liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 06/02/2017 10:08 pm

Phenol peels are just crazy. Fraxel does help but is not cost effective and I wouldn't recommend it to you.

imo your skin looks fine. Scar treatments are not perfect, and are for people trying to catch up to you. I would lay off the aggressive approaches if I were you.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@smileamyway)

Posted : 06/02/2017 10:18 pm

On 6/1/2017 at 3:32 PM, unhappy29 said:

Hi guys, 

for now I did 2 dermaroller treatments without any change. I don't know what to.do next. My derm suggest Tca peel but I am thinking about phenol peel or fraxel. What do you think?

20170601_202836.jpg

I can't tell in this light what you are dealing with exactly, but you can check out my first post and see my skin. I had 2 sessions of fraxel. It was a couple years ago so I couldn't tell you what setting it was on, but I can tell you for me unfortunately, it was an expensive worthless investment.  I had high hopes for it too. :(

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/03/2017 9:23 am

Fraxel does nothing, this is from Dr. Davin Lim who says he only uses it now for sun damage. I would just get the TCA peel your derm says. Phenol and fraxel are silly to get at this point and will do nothing / make your skin worse. Phenol is VERY strong, do you want to thin your skin out and look older (this is what old women use who have to sandblast their skin down)? For us with acne scars we have no choice,. Leave it be. TCA (may take 2 or 3) and do some serums and be done.

u1971 liked