Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I was thinking of booking an appointment with Sk:n who said they can offer Roaccutane. Would I be able to get it prescribed privately, then pay for prescriptions/get blood work done on the NHS?

I don't believe you can. I think if you go private to get the prescription then everything has to be done private. But I could be wrong. Is there a reason you don't want to go via the NHS route, are you worried about the waiting times? It's often worth phoning up intermittently once you've got an appointment to see if you can get an earlier cancellation as they do come up. I managed to get seen a whole month sooner by doing that once.

GP refuses to send me to a Dermatologist; my acne is only mild but very persistent - not sure I can afford completely private so I'm really at a loss right now :(

28 minutes ago, Jinja96 said:

GP refuses to send me to a Dermatologist; my acne is only mild but very persistent - not sure I can afford completely private so I'm really at a loss right now :(

Sorry to hear that. I'd advise trying a different GP and really emphasise the toll your skin is taking on you mentally. Can I ask what other treatments you've tried? What is your GP treating your skin with at the moment?

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow ^_^I've been on BP, Epiduo, and three courses of antibiotics. Dr put me on Duac but it's proving to be not very effective  (as I expected).

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow ^_^I've been on BP, Epiduo, and three courses of antibiotics. Dr put me on Duac but it's proving to be not very effective  (as I expected).

Sorry don't know why that got posted multiple times lol