Notifications
Clear all

Acne scarring/acne

MemberMember
(@ashleyg567)

Posted : 05/30/2017 8:46 pm

Hey does anyone know a slightly cheaper way to get rid of acne scarring? I used bha cause I had closed comedomes and my skin purged and got it all out onto my skin and it's almost cleared up except these little dots on my skin.. if anyone knows how to get rid of them please let me know.. that'd be amazing because they make me so insecure

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/31/2017 3:40 am

For acne scars, you can definitely try derma rolling. For those dark spots, there are good natural masques out there that help brighten them up.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/31/2017 5:19 am

Honestly I was like you, only I had far more post acne red marks, I had like three times the amount you have. I tried dermarolling and it actually DIDNT help at all, I actually had more breakouts afterwords(this is the absolute truth). The best solution is seeing a dermatologist, getting on antibiotics or accutane, and waiting till the red marks fade in 4-6 months. You will be ok, just wear a light foundation to cover up the redness.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/31/2017 10:49 am

Do mask with onion and apple cider vinegar for scars apply for 15-30 min
to remove onion smell mix soda and lemon juice and apply for 10 min
also buttermilk every 2 days like mask and fresh fruit everyday apply like mask tomatoes, apples, strawberry, carrots
dont pop those pimples if you don't want any future scars!
apply lavender essential oil on pimples
drink herbal teas to prevent acne and heal skin
honeybrush, dandelion, burdock, calendula, milk thistle, nettle, red raspberry leaves, mint, sage

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/31/2017 11:09 am

Thats pigmentation left from the spot to be blunt.it will heal,this is part of acne healing process,it could take months to get rid of it.

keep eating healthy and keep your hygene good.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/01/2017 11:26 am

We made a faq for this commonly asked question. They are either PIE or PIH which are wounds from acne not scars 😉 Several treatments to checkout there.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/365640-qa-faq-post-inflammatory-erythema-pie-post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation-pih-hypopigmentation-read-before-posting/

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 06/02/2017 4:21 am

Oh wounds from acne.. haha yeah that's absolutely different from acne scars and I was referring to acne scars.lol

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/02/2017 4:37 am

PIE, ... the red dots all over your face are wounds, they are not acne scars. I see no acne scars in any of the pics you posted. Again please goto the faq and treat the PIE. If you have icepics or something, they do not show in your pics. I do this all the time for thousands.

If you are referring to big pores, this happens from using acids such as BHA and AHA. You need to stop using acids and let the skin heal the epidermis. Big pores can be treated with TCA cross, microneedling with HA serum and vitamin c, skin actives. No scrubs, acids, or exfoliants to the whole face while you heal. Moisturize. Honey and Aloe Vera are great and pure HA serum.

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/02/2019 9:01 pm

I would say Laser Genesis, I used to have really bad red marks. I did like 5/7 treatments of those lasers and it helped immensely. As for your current acne watch your diet!!

Dairy especially, gluten/grains, sugar is huge as well. Eat lots of vegetables and fruit. Also, drink water allllll day long ... I mean lots of water.

Trust me!! I hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@isobel-bartlett)

Posted : 12/20/2021 10:18 pm

I bought to help with acne scars, but to my surprise Dermalmd Acne Scar Serum completely cleared up my existing acne too. For me, it was a huge game changer. I havent felt like I could go places without makeup and feel confident in SO long - this serum (to my huge surprise - I just randomly bought it bc of tik tok) made it possible for me!!