Notifications
Clear all

Does lifting weights affect skin recovery?

MemberMember
(@kristyan)

Posted : 05/27/2017 9:42 am

I started going to the gym 3 months ago and im planning to do a few rounds of subcision and some ablative laser(CO2 or Erbium)
Is it OK to lift weights after these acne scar treatments or do i have to take a break from exercising for some time? If not, how long should i wait before starting to work out again?

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 05/27/2017 7:10 pm

I went back to working out including cardio and weight lifting about 9 days after the subcision. I had no problem with it.

kristyan liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/27/2017 9:28 pm

I was lifting again a week after subcision. You'll be fine.

kristyan liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/28/2017 9:36 pm

Follow your doctors indications, we are not your health care provider. Yes it can slow down healing. Anything with grunting, and muscle work can shift things, change hormones, (supplements / steroids/ excess testosterone). For laser you have down time, so bacteria is not your friend either during your healing period. It makes filler wear out quicker. Metabolism can cause regeneration to not get the protein they need / collagen can be stunted by stretching and pushing. Why do you think body builder are guant faced (less fat) and have more scars apparent, while people with excess fat they are hidden. Also hormones, when your are sweating you can cause acne and hormonal issues.

To recap, follow your doctors healing instructions for the amount of weeks they say to chill or take it easy.If you push then well that's on you. When the skin is healed you can go back to getting shredded.

kristyan liked
MemberMember
(@kristyan)

Posted : 05/31/2017 1:26 pm

And how long should i wait after laser before working out again?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/01/2017 9:44 am

Did you read what I typed above twice "follow the doctors instructions" They are responsible for your outcome. Some people heal anywhere from 10 days to 3 months. You will know when your face isn't scabby and peeling. If you do non ablative then a week or two.