Notifications
Clear all

What Changes Should I Be Making?

MemberMember
(@quaintrelle)

Posted : 05/27/2017 1:28 am

Hi all,

I am a 21 year old female and have been struggling with breakouts ever since I was about 16. My skin is Combination-Oily.

Though my skin has calmed down a bit since then, I cannot seem to put a stop to my pesky breakouts completely.

I would not consider my skin as horrible. However, it does happen to get small, sometimes cystic pimples several times a month.

I know my diet is probably the culprit here. I'm vegetarian, but rarely consume any fruits or veggies. My diet is mostly just carbs. I am looking to make changes to my diet, however.

Which fuits/foods do you recommend for clearing up skin? Also, should I be taking any vitamins or supplements?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 05/28/2017 2:46 am

When you say, just carbs, what kind of carbs are you talking about?

Simple carbs will release sugar into your blood stream much quicker than complex carbs, there are many that believe this to cause inflammation and aggravate acne symptoms. Anything with white flour, (Breads, pastas, Gluten/Wheat in general) Look into Glycemic Index/Load.

Why aren't you eating any veggies? Carrot, Kale, Brocolli, Sweet Potato etc etc... All these wonderful antioxidants you're missing out on

Fruits with high antioxidant qualities are blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, oranges.. eat them in moderation. see if they help.

MemberMember
(@lukebrandonfarrell)

Posted : 06/03/2017 4:54 pm

Brwonstone is right.

Lots of simple carbs which will cause insulin spikes. Vegetables will do wonders for your skin.

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 06/04/2017 1:01 pm

I am a vegan, and I would say you have correctly identified the problem.

In my opinion, fresh whole foods like fruits and vegetables are our most important food source as humans.

Legumes, grains, and potatoes are not as essential as leafy green vegetables and fruits. Refined sugar and artificial foods like cooking oils and factory-made "vegan meats" are simply bad for our body.

Recommended foods:

Breakfast: Practise intermittent fasting, and skip breakfast. Drink water.

Lunch: salad with soft leafy greens like romaine lettuce or baby bok choy. Add cherry tomato, bell peppers, fresh herbs, and avocado. Use fresh lemon for salad dressing.

Drink water or herbal teas

Snack 1: fresh fruit, preferably organic

Snack 2: smoothie made of fresh fruit and leafy greens like kale or mustard leaves

Dinner: vegetable stew made of veggies like onion, garlic, ginger, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash. or whatever you have available in your location. No need to add any artificial oils (including olive oil). If you want to add fat, garnish your food with avocado or fresh coconut.

After dinner drink water or herbal teas

Try to eliminate all fake food. Any food manufactured in a factory and has a label containing more than two ingredients is a fake food. Try to get your vitamins and nutrients from fresh whole food and sunlight. Use website like cronometer.com to track your nutrient intake.