Notifications
Clear all

My brother depressed over his acne scars

MemberMember
(@asafwlo)

Posted : 05/26/2017 4:20 pm

Hello,
my brother is 19 years old and has acne for the last few years. He got depressed and then started using roaccutane and finished the treatment a month ago. During his treatment and after he has been depressed, hasn't got out of his bed and stopped living as he used to, and even went to apsychologist. Now his face look much better but he is still depressed and blames the scars for it.

I will appreciate some advice from someone who went through the same thing and maybe some advice for treating the scars.

Thanks,
Asaf.

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 05/30/2017 11:41 am

Same.. I'm looking into laser treatment right now to get rid of the last reminder of my 8 years of hell. Maybe he should do the same?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/01/2017 12:08 pm

See my faq below in my signature or the top of the acne scar sub for ideas. This is common to have low self esteem after acne, and therapy is a good idea.

If your referring instead of the scars to the red wounds left over we made this faq ...

We made a faq for this commonly asked question. They are either PIE or PIH which are wounds from acne not scars 😉 Several treatments to checkout there.

[Edited link out]