Notifications
Clear all

Those that don't use the acne org moisteriser, what do you use?

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 05/25/2017 5:37 pm

I've been on the regimen for almost 3 weeks and my face is really flaky and red. I'm currently using simple light hydrating moisteriser but I don't think it's adequate enough anymore. I've heard good things about CeraVe but I can't buy it in Australia and I don't want to worry about shipping. I've heard cetaphil is moisterising, yet too greasy and breaks some people out. There's also good reviews for Aveeno but it contains one ingredient that is rated 4 on the comedogenic scale. I'm scared to mix jojoba oil with my current moisteriser in case it causes cysts and I'm one of the unlucky ones whom it breaks out. I was looking into natural instinct restoring cream which contains rosehip seed oil but when it comes to oils I get nervous so I'm not sure which way to go.

Anyone have good suggestions??

MemberMember
(@olde81)

Posted : 05/27/2017 6:36 pm

I use CeraVe AM and PM . Love them both

MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 05/28/2017 2:58 am

I use Sukin organics sensitive moisturizer. To be honest your skin will be red, dry and flaky for a few weeks while it adjusts to the BP. I found using a toner helped to gently remove the excess flakes, but I only introduced this once my breakouts calmed down. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 05/29/2017 1:11 am

On 2017-5-28 at 9:36 AM, Olde81 said:

I use CeraVe AM and PM . Love them both

I've heard good things about CeraVe, so if I can't find a good one in Australia I might just get CeraVe online

22 hours ago, Liv said:

I use Sukin organics sensitive moisturizer. To be honest your skin will be red, dry and flaky for a few weeks while it adjusts to the BP. I found using a toner helped to gently remove the excess flakes, but I only introduced this once my breakouts calmed down. Good luck.

Funny you say that, I remember ages ago I was tossing between sukin sensitive moisteriser and the oil control one, I never used the oil control one because I was told the natural ingredients would still clog my pores. I might look into the sensitive one though, how many weeks passed until you noticed the flakiness getting better, at least by a little bit?

MemberMember
(@blissbarge)

Posted : 05/29/2017 5:52 am

Don't be worried about the shipping. I bought the PM Cerave moisturizer on "iherb" and it only took 4 days to arrive here in NZ. I also suggest "Hemp seed oil" instead of jojoba oil because my skin broke out every time i used it, and it always felt heavy on my face. Though if you do decide to use hemp seed oil, i suggest using it ONLY at night, mixing 5-6 drops of it with your moisturizer. And for the daytime i use a Rose water & Glycerin lotion, shit is cheap but its the best moisturizer I've used on my acne prone combination skin.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 05/29/2017 5:27 pm

11 hours ago, BlissBarge said:

Don't be worried about the shipping. I bought the PM Cerave moisturizer on "iherb" and it only took 4 days to arrive here in NZ. I also suggest "Hemp seed oil" instead of jojoba oil because my skin broke out every time i used it, and it always felt heavy on my face. Though if you do decide to use hemp seed oil, i suggest using it ONLY at night, mixing 5-6 drops of it with your moisturizer. And for the daytime i use a Rose water & Glycerin lotion, shit is cheap but its the best moisturizer I've used on my acne prone combination skin.

Thanks for your suggestions! I think I will buy ceraVe PM, is it okay to use in the day as well? I've heard good things about hemp seed oil, I plan on doing a patch test for a week or so to see how it affects my skin. What brand is the rose water and glycerin lotion?

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 05/29/2017 10:16 pm

4 hours ago, T1901 said:

I think I will buy ceraVe PM, is it okay to use in the day as well?

I've started to use the CeraVe AM a little while back and I like it so far! I'm not sure if you have any hyperpigmentation, but the product containsniacinamide, which I've noticed has helped some with my hyperpigmentation and red marks.

Truthfully, I haven't tried my AM at night, so I can't give you a definitive answer. I think the only major difference between the AM and PM is that the AM has sunscreen SPF 30 built in, whereas the PM doesn't.

MemberMember
(@blissbarge)

Posted : 05/29/2017 10:18 pm

4 hours ago, T1901 said:
16 hours ago, BlissBarge said:

Thanks for your suggestions! I think I will buy ceraVe PM, is it okay to use in the day as well? I've heard good things about hemp seed oil, I plan on doing a patch test for a week or so to see how it affects my skin. What brand is the rose water and glycerin lotion?

Hmmm... Idk ? but i suggest not using it as a daytime moisturizing lotion, because it's a moisturizer that's like a serum and it's meant to benefit your skin during your body's recovery period, which is sleep. And the Rosewater brand is "Heritage Store".