Notifications
Clear all

Best long-term solutions for acne?

MemberMember
(@mrmanmike)

Posted : 05/25/2017 11:24 am

Hi there,
Been on oxytetracycline (antibiotics) for 3 months now, it has definitely controlled my acne and has reduced. I think my doc is going to take me off them soon.
However, I am now worried that once I come off antibiotics all the acne is going to come back again.
Does anybody have any long-term solutions to keep acne at bay or get rid of it?
p.s. my skin doesn't normally react well to stuff being applied onto it
Thanks

MemberMember
(@mrmatt25)

Posted : 05/25/2017 4:03 pm

I have noticed significant improvement in dietary changes. Gave up dairy amd refined sugar and started eating a lot of veggies and a lot of fish. I avoided cooking oils except for olive oil. Id recommend giving this a try for a few days and seeing if you continue to break out. Good Luck, fellow Mr.

MemberMember
(@mrmanmike)

Posted : 05/25/2017 5:37 pm

MrMatt25, thanks for your advice and I'll deffo give it a try.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/25/2017 6:04 pm

It would be great to have an idea of what causes your acne. Whether it is hormones, hygiene, sensitive skin issues,...this way you have an idea how to go about fixing the problem. This will probably take some possible tests with a physician, washing your pillow cases and hand more often. Then you should be able to gauge if these changes are lessening your acne.

MemberMember
(@mrmanmike)

Posted : 06/01/2017 5:06 pm

Thanks for the advice, I know its deffo not hygiene as I'm a very clean person :)
I've never really had a problem of sensitive skin so I don't think its that.
The only thing I can think of would be hormonal or dietary...