*Update Beginning o...

Notifications
Clear all

*Update Beginning of 2nd Week

MemberMember
(@frankiejay)

Posted : 05/24/2017 10:38 am

Today is the first day of my 2nd week on the acne.org regimen and everything has been good. I know many people experience extremely dry and flakey skin, but I haven't experienced any of that thus far. However,Ido getitchy skin, but that only happens right after I put the BPon, sometimes. I've seen many videos of people where they've said they didn't experience dry, flakey skin during the regimen and their skinnow is so amazingly clear. So, it doesn't bother me that my face isn't getting really, really dry. Im actually grateful especially with prom coming up soon. My eyes water up sometimes when I put the BP on but I just make sure not to get close to my eyes when putting it on. I do have a lot of dark spots, thoughI'm sure the AHA will help with that when I start using it. At the moment I only have 3 pimples on my face when before I had about 7? or 6?

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 05/30/2017 12:55 pm

It is so nice to hear someone else on the forum who is around the same timeline as me! I am currently on my second week, day 10 of The Regimen. I started The Regimen last year but had so many issues with the moisturizer that I had to stop. I am restarting it again with a new moisturizer (Elta MD AM Therapy) but am now in that uncomfortable stage. I am hopeful that the dryness and tightness around my cheeks will go away soon as it did on my chin area already! YAY! My eyes also water up when I apply the BP. I make it a point to just shut my eyes when I put it on lol.

Please let us know how your progress is doing!

MemberMember
(@frankiejay)

Posted : 06/18/2017 8:26 am

On 5/30/2017 at 1:55 PM, ilickoreos said:

NEIt is so nice to hear someone else on the forum who is around the same timeline as me! I am currently on my second week, day 10 of The Regimen. I started The Regimen last year but had so many issues with the moisturizer that I had to stop. I am restarting it again with a new moisturizer (Elta MD AM Therapy) but am now in that uncomfortable stage. I am hopeful that the dryness and tightness around my cheeks will go away soon as it did on my chin area already! YAY! My eyes also water up when I apply the BP. I make it a point to just shut my eyes when I put it on lol.

Please let us know how your progress is doing!

Are you still doing the Acne.org Regimen? I haven't posted in little while because I wasn't seeing the results I wanted even though I know it takes a little while and I was losing some hope. However I continued to use the regimen and I still am. I'm finally seeing results now!! How are you doing? I'm towards the end of week 4 and I start week 5 this Tuesday. Also my eyes watered up from the fumes of the BP and still do sometimes. Have you started the AHA yet?

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 07/01/2017 2:57 pm

You know, I haven't been able to stick with The Regimen, unfortunately. I am going to be honest, I've tried so many moisturizers and the majority of them have broken me out. I am currently trying to go the natural route by just using a cold cream as my cleanser and using aloe vera on my face. I have very dehydrated skin, and have a sneaking suspicion this is what's causing my blemishes in the first place. For me, I need to start focusing on hydration instead of my acne. I am hoping once I correct my damaged moisture barrier, my skin will be less prone to blemishes. 

I am so sorry I could not finish this journey with you. But, I wish you the best of luck! I know plenty of people who have used The Regimen and have been successful in clearing their acne. I have no doubt that the same outcome will happen to you!

As always, keep us posted on your progress. I would still love to know how it's going! :)

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/17/2017 12:23 pm

Frankie, how is it going for you now? Is your skin very dry? I want to try this out too, but dont want my skin to be dry

MemberMember
(@ilickoreos)

Posted : 07/26/2017 3:33 pm

Hi, Frankie. I feel like it was an obligation of mine to revisit this topic. I wanted to let you know that I restarted The Regimen a few weeks ago but incorporated the Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream in place of my moisturizer. I like it so far. I am entering my third week and am able to combat a lot of the flakiness. My skin is still dry, but I am happy to report that my skin is adjusting to the BP FINALLY! For right now, I am only applying a finger's length of BP at night and spot treating in the morning. Once my skin gets used to that amount, I will start incorporating more BP in the morning and gauge how my skin reacts. I am still breaking out a bit, but I am hopeful that this is all part of the process.