Notifications
Clear all

Tactupump/Epiduo for Comedonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@katiestar)

Posted : 05/22/2017 11:10 am

I'm 15 years old and I've had fairly clear skin my whole life. I would get 1-3 pimples at the most and maybe 3-4 when I'm on my period. But it was never a big deal because it would just go away. In the past 2 months, I have been breaking out on my forehead and I still have not found a solution to my forehead acne. It wasn't as bad at first and it was only at the very top of my forehead, and then within 2-3 weeks in the first month my skin was back to normal and I thought it was just a temporary breakout, and then it goes worse again... Now my entire forehead is covered in bumps. Even when I'm not on my period, I still have the breakout. It feels like my skin has totally transformed into trash. I have oily skin, oily scalp, and dandruff. I used to never get this many pimples at once. The weird thing is that my entire forehead is covered in bumps, whiteheads, and like one big pimple, but the rest of my face is completely clear. I have a few little red dots on my cheeks, nose, and mouth area right now but they aren't bad, hopefully it won't spread down to my cheek area. I'm confused because I haven't been doing anything differently ever since I started breaking out. I was using the same products and makeup products when my skin was clear. I've tried many things in the past 2 months. Working out 3-5 days a week, wearing absolutely no makeup for weeks, made my own healthy meals, drinking lots of water, changing my pillow cases and sheets, switched to anti-dandruff shampoo, tried the lush mask of magnanimity, lush herbalism cleanser, apple cider vinegar toner, exfoliated with my spinner thing, NOTHING IS WORKING! I googled what could be causing my acne but all the things people are saying to do I've already been doing for many years. I went to my family doctor and they sent me to a nurse nurse practitioner and she recommended me tactupump/epiduo. I'm still hesitant about using this because my forehead acne is very mild and I don't have any HUGE bumps or cysts. I also feel like she didn't really know much because she quickly recommended me this product when she didn't even identify what type of acne I have or got a close look at it. It's just little bumps that sometimes gets red and inflamed. I'm scared that this product won't work for mild acne because it might make it even worse than it was before. I've done a lot of research the past few months and I think I have comedonal acne because signs of it include having small bumps on your forehead, whiteheads, and bumps. I've read that products with adapalene will work. I have a few questions now. So is it okay to use this product on my forehead if I have mild closed comedonal acne? Also it states it will get worse before it gets better but if I only apply it to my forehead will it worsen other parts of my face too, like my cheeks? I don't want a spot on my face that is already perfectly clear to get worse. It says to apply daily but some people say to use it every other night for the first 2 weeks and then switch to every night so your skin gets used to it, is this true or how should I use this? When it starts to burn and get irritated like most people says it does, is it okay to wear makeup over it? Because I can barely handle my pimples right now without makeup so I don't know how I could handle the worse part of it without makeup especially having to go to school. Will the product fall towards my eyebrows at night? It says it can cause discolouration and I really don't want my eyebrow hairs to become a different colour because tbh my eyebrows are the only good thing going on with my face right now. How long until the "worse" part comes in after starting to use the product? How long until the "worse" part is over? What cleansers and moisturizers should I use? What sunscreen should I use that won't make me feel like I'm clogging my pores and making my acne worse. Do I have to keep using this product even when my skin starts getting better? Could someone please help me because it affects me emotionally especially being a teenager and seeing all your friends have clear skin without even trying.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

MemberMember
(@smg2101)

Posted : 12/04/2017 9:18 pm

I used epiduofor a while when I was 15 too and also for acne that only affected my forehead. Although, my acne was much more severe than yours (large, inflamed cysts). It didn't actually make a difference though. I didn't notice it getting worse or better, so I think it's definitely worth a shot, and if it gets worse just stop using it.