Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation / acne marks

MemberMember
(@des52)

Posted : 05/22/2017 1:55 am

I had acne for about seven years, each year it just got worse. I eventually got most of the pimples cleared up but now my cheeks (which were the main area I was broken out in) are left with horrible redness and marks. What should I do?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/22/2017 5:03 am

These are wounds from the after effects of acne, its a pretty common question we get here. Checkout the faq we made with lots of treatments.

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/27/2017 10:37 am

On 5/22/2017 at 12:55 PM, des52 said:

I had acne for about seven years, each year it just got worse. I eventually got most of the pimples cleared up but now my cheeks (which were the main area I was broken out in) are left with horrible redness and marks. What should I do?

I tried to use hydrocortisone and silicone creams. The worst idea! Hydrocortisone broke me out like crazy! huge big painful pimples under the skin. Do not suggest to use it on face especially after acne (the same is suggested in numerous dermatological articles. It's used mainly for hypertrophic scars on the body or face when people haven't had any acne in their life.)
Silicone caused many tiny whiteheads and is known to break out people who suffered from acne. Do not suggest using this on the face too.
I do not suggest using any oils or vaseline. That's why:

(you can check my article about oilsin my content page)
Good suggestions were: HA serums instead of moisturisers, 100% aloe vera gel, vitamin C, chemical peels and lemon, honey masks, retin-A/adapalene creams, essential oils, vascular laser, suncream, azelaic acid creams.
Makeup, skincare products can only irritate the skin. I used to check every ingredient in my skincare, but it irritated me anyway. Now I wash my face only with water and this is the best...
Less is more.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/01/2017 11:51 am

^ Above Poster. Any dermatologist knows these items work. Sorry they do not work for you. Follow your dermatologist directions. Until then we will provide peer article based research of things that work. There is always the person who cannot handle anything or does not try it right. You sound like your sensitive to everything.

What makes you the authority to tell us what's good and bad, just curious, as these have worked for countless individuals here in the hundreds. We give multiple treatments choose what you wish to out of them. Vaseline is the standard protocol after any surgical treatment.

Again our advice is straight from doctors (dermatologist and scientist).

[Redacted]

Do what is best for your skin.

MemberMember
(@stressed123)

Posted : 06/01/2017 12:04 pm

hello!

same issue with me, i have horrible red marks everywhere on my face, scarring specially around cheeks and jaw line
i am doing genesis laser and so far so good, my scars seem lighter i have a few zits here and there still but nothing compared to what i had, i also use the clinical clear line for adult acne, created by a top dermatologist here in Toronto, it's expensive but wow it works amazingly.

try laser genesis, i pay $250 a session here in Toronto at a clinic if you buy it in packages its cheaper at some places.
i am doing my third session in 3 weeks, if you give it a try i think it will help you it can take up to 6 to be completely scar free/reduction specially the redness marks all over face and be patiente ( i tell myself this all the time) apparantly after easy session you actually start to see results from that session in 2-3 weeks so give it a try and let us know how it went!

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 06/02/2017 1:28 pm

On 6/1/2017 at 10:51 PM, beautifulambition said:

^ Above Poster. Any dermatologist knows these items work. Sorry they do not work for you. Follow your dermatologist directions. Until then we will provide peer article based research of things that work. There is always the person who cannot handle anything or does not try it right. You sound like your sensitive to everything.

What makes you the authority to tell us what's good and bad, just curious, as these have worked for countless individuals here in the hundreds. We give multiple treatments choose what you wish to out of them. Vaseline is the standard protocol after any surgical treatment.

Again our advice is straight from doctors (dermatologist and scientist).

[Redacted]

Do what is best for your skin.

I'm a scientist too) I have Master's in biochemistryand starting my PhD in Switzerland soon.
A person asked for a suggestion. I just listed things that made my skin worse, as I had hormonal acne by myself and read a lot of articles about topical application of hydrocortisone and oils. I didn't want someone to try blindly all methods and listed those that could cause harm to someone who suffered from acne just to be awere of it.
It's obviously I didn't tell YOU what is right or bad.