Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 05/21/2017 11:09 pm

Couldn't find anywhere else to write this so hope it's in the correct place, anyways I've been suffering from acne for years now, but in the last couple years or so my acne has started to clear up, I still get acne just not as bad, the main thing I seem to suffer with now and quite bad as well is dry skin which in turn makes my acne worse as I'm constantly itching my skin and picking it, I get dry skin on my face, neck, my ears, behind my ears and my eyebrow area is probably my worse areas, anyways I've tried countless moisturisers with no help, all they do is give temporary relief, should i go see my doctor, I was thinking of changing to the cleanser on this site also see if that helps as my current one is a little drying, I'm guessing the one on here isn't?, any suggestions welcome.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 05/22/2017 3:32 am

I would definitely suggest seeing either a doctor or a dermatologist.
Is it also red or inflamed around the dry areas, and is the skin peeling? Have you noticed it on your scalp?

When you mentioned neck, ears & behind the ears and eyebrows I immediately thought of Seborrheic Dermatitis, which my SO suffers from.
Most common areas affected by Seborrheic Dermatitis include the scalp, face, neck, ears & eyebrows. It's itchy and irritating and usually only gets relieved by medicated lotions and washes. Go see your doctor or a dermatologist!

I found that The Regimen's cleanser was a bit drying, especially when washing the skin for over 10-15 seconds, but moisturizer always helped fix the dryness it caused.

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 05/22/2017 7:04 am

I don't think it's that bad where my skin has started to peel but it's definitely inflamed and red, sometimes the only way to get rid of the itching is just to itch it but I know that's bad for the skin, on my scalp I suffer with dandruff, is that related at all, I've suffered with that for years now, probably as long as I have with dry skin, sometimes the skin does swell as well, i getred lumps which normally bleed when I itch them, it's just horrible I'm constantly moisturising. Thanks for your reply.

MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 05/22/2017 5:27 pm

10 hours ago, tommy_boi said:

I don't think it's that bad where my skin has started to peel but it's definitely inflamed and red, sometimes the only way to get rid of the itching is just to itch it but I know that's bad for the skin, on my scalp I suffer with dandruff, is that related at all, I've suffered with that for years now, probably as long as I have with dry skin, sometimes the skin does swell as well, i getred lumps which normally bleed when I itch them, it's just horrible I'm constantly moisturising. Thanks for your reply.

Dandruff is very closely related to Seborrheic Dermatitis, I think it can even be diagnosed as dandruff. Getting small bumps is also common.

This is an exert from the Wikipedia:

Seborrhoeic dermatitis' symptoms appear gradually and usually the first signs are flaky skin and scalp.Symptoms occur most commonly anywhere on the skin of theface, behind theearsand in areas where the skin folds. Flakes may be yellow, white or grayish. Redness and flaking may also occur on the skin near theeyelashes, on theforehead, around the sides of thenose, and thechestand upper back.

In more severe cases, yellowish to reddish scalypimplesappear along the hairline, behind the ears, in the ear canal, on theeyebrows, on the bridge of the nose, around the nose, on the chest, and on the upper back.

Commonly, patients experience mild redness, scaly skin lesions and in some cases hair loss.Other symptoms include patchy scaling or thick crusts on the scalp, red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales, itching, soreness and yellow or white scales that may attach to the hair shaft.

I'm not a doctor, but it does sound like you may have this condition or at least something similar to it.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/23/2017 6:26 pm

Take vitamin E and flaxseed oil 1-2Tablespoon a day,its the best!
also drink oolong tea (from Asian market) and drink 2 cups day