Notifications
Clear all

Is this a hypertrophic scar?

MemberMember
(@bridgetharvey)

Posted : 05/21/2017 11:42 am

Does this look like it could be or starting to be a hypertrophic scar? I had a pimple last week that I picked at, but nothing extreme or anything. It was larger then usual, and never really went down. It then got flaky and once the flakiness came off I was left with this. The texture isn't rough, it's just slightly raised above my skin. I am not prone to these types of scars and have relatively good skin so I am confused where this is coming from. Will this go away on its own? [Edited image out] [Edited image out] [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@bridgetharvey)

Posted : 05/24/2017 7:12 pm

Can anyone help me out?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/25/2017 2:29 pm

doesnt look like a scar at all it might take time for that to completely go away. it could be a small cyst. use some bp on it and it should go away in a week or two.

MemberMember
(@bridgetharvey)

Posted : 05/31/2017 1:48 am

Thanks so much for your reply!!! This is what it looks like today it has flattened completely and is the same texture of my skin now so I'm hoping it will just become a dark spot and will continue to fade with time! 

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/31/2017 5:23 am

It looks nearly undetectable, I actually thought you were complaining about it so I thought that was absurd.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/31/2017 10:38 am

its looking really good! :)

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/01/2017 5:38 pm

Apply lavender essential oil on pimples it will go away
drink herbal teas to prevent any future breakout
honeybrush, nettle, red raspberry leave, mint, milk thistle, burdock