Notifications
Clear all

Severe acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and acne

MemberMember
(@sid002)

Posted : 05/19/2017 8:17 pm

Hey guys, new to this site and need some good advice/ recommendations on some treatments or reliable dermatologists that specialize in acne and scars in the San Antonio area. Haven't seen anyone with skin as damaged as mine and need to get it fixed no matter the cost

I'm currently using tazorac .05 cream once a night and cetaphil gentle cleansing bar in the morning and before applying the taz, haven't been moisturizing the past 9 days I've been on this routine and definitely see that the scars and hyperpigmentation are getting worse I think due to not moisturizing, you can see how dry and irritated the skin is, just ordered some cerave hopefully its not to late to reverse this s***
let me know what treatments would be best

Capture+_2017-05-19-15-49-43.png

0518171723-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/20/2017 4:13 am

I don't see major scarring, this is very minor to many of the cases I help on here. These aren't scars you have a problem with active acne. You need to get this under control or no amount of treatment will help, ... it will make things worse. I also see you posted in Hyperpigmentation. This is your issue. Hyperpigmentation is not a scar. Its a wound. I will move this post there. We made a faq with lots of solutions for PIE.

Have you considered Accutane, Photo Dynamic Therapy with LED's and a cream to get rid of the acne and make the pores smaller.

You should not be doing microneedle treatments (for scars) with active infection on your face and spreading it. Neither can you do TCA peels (med spa / dr) with active acne like this to improve the texture. Have you looked into seeing a estitician for a facial, you can find deals on group on, etc.. Reviews on http://Yelp.com

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@sid002)

Posted : 05/20/2017 7:37 pm

Thank you for the response! The acne is my number one priority at the moment. The derm I went to ( who is the first dermatologist I've seen in the 6 years I've had acne) gave me samples of the tazorac .05 cream to use at night which he says will get rid of the acne and scars in a month (bull s***) and some clindamycin foam for at night which I haven't used yet. He also didn't mention anything about moisturizer
The past 9 days I've used the tazorac my skin felt extremely tight after washing with the cetaphil in the morning, especially if I tilted my head up or made certain movements with my mouth it felt like my cheeks were going to rip
Just been using the cetaphil bar and aloe Vera gel the past 2days until my Cerave moisturizer comes in from Amazon.
I want to continue to use the taz for at least 3 months unless the irritation continues. Accutane will be the absolute last resort if nothing else works.
Also will those PIE treatments even be effective if I've had the hyperpigmentation for 3+ years?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/21/2017 4:11 pm

Yes Hypigmentation treatments work they are never one and done. Laser is most effective. It takes several.

My faq has lots of treatments for PIE. I Would start hydroquinone aka skin bleach and vitamin c and see if this helps your skin.

Great get the dryness under control, this is not good.

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

Sid002 liked